09 August 2008

Saturday 9: Working in the Coalmines




1. What is your job and do you like it?

For the last year+ my job has been ministry leader of Moms In Action at our church. I'm not paid for it - it is 100% volunteer but it is a job. Takes a lot of time - probably equivalent to a part time job (hours wise) that you think about 24/7. For the second part of the question...YES. I do like it. I experience the ups and downs, pros and cons - but I love working with the awesome team God has blessed me with and I am thrilled to be doing what God is saying NOW. Any MIA moms reading this? Get ready for a fun and fulfilling year!


2. What to you do to unwind after work?

Ha! I would know if my working hours were somehow "normal". Let's just say one of my favorite ways to unwind is with a good cup of coffee - iced or hot.


3. Who have you known the longest of your friends?

That would be my sister and best friend Promises.


4. Who do you go to for advice?

Hmmm...depends. If it's MIA related either my team or those who hold me accountable. Personal issues are discussed with my hubby Simms. Ultimately, I go to God - because He is truly the one who knows me best and loves me anyway.


5. Not counting your current relationship, how many times have you been in love?

Well, since I cannot include Simms, the answer is a big fat zero.


6. What is you favorite snack food?

If you are just talking about something sweet - anything with dark chocolate is absolutely amazing. I also love stove-top popped popcorn lightly salted.


7. What is the best meal you ate this week?

The best meal I had this week was Thursday night. We ate pasta with sauce, meatballs and sweet Italian sausage. So what was so great? Note the "we". Simms has been working lots of long hours for the last two months and this is the first weeknight in a long time that the four of us were able to eat together. Even Jeter noted it during his prayer, thanking God that both Mommy and Daddy were home.


8. What to you is the most important factor in romantic attraction?

Can I say two? Trust and Unconditional Love.


9. What do you think is your worst habit?

Biting my nails. It isn't as bad anymore. I've had tremendous victory. I just need to remember to have a nail file in my purse. Otherwise, if a nail breaks it annoys me and I end up biting it off.

3 comments:

Bud Fisher said...

Enjoyed your Sat-9 answers! Have a great weekend...

Anonymous said...

I've not ever tried iced coffee.
I always have a nail file in my purse too. It's a necessity. :)

Happy Saturday!

Trish said...

These are great answers - sorry I missed that you had joined in. Hope you had a great week!

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...