Hands-Free Heart posted two questions to her readers. Here are my responses.
1. Do you remember any of your childhood dreams?
Well yes. Many. There was much I wanted to do. How could I select only one? For those of you that know me this will simply confirm my nuttiness. This was my solution: on Monday I would be a Teacher, Tuesday I would be a Hairstylist, Wednesday would be my day in the medical field as a Doctor, Thursday I determined to be a Bus driver and that left Friday which seemed suitable to be Mom on that day.
Dreams. At first glance, my above plan seems...well completely unrealistic. The innocence of childhood. Then I look again. As a child, these were the desires of my heart. Now I take a second glance and compare it to my life now. I am a Mom to two wonderful boys. As Mom I have the role of teacher, doctor, hairstylist and even bus driver - although my bus looks like a Jeep. Unfortunately, these roles are not quite as organized or compartmentalized as I dreamed them to be. Rather these skills need to accessible at all times - 24/7 - something like learning how to ride a bike can require my teaching and pseudo-medical skills (which consists of Neosporin, Band-Aids, ice and when necessary, Tylenol). Just about every day requires skills in hair and transportation - more so with the pending soccer season. I'm banking on allowing
Barber's locks to grow with their wave but Jeter will probably want to return to short and spiky.
2. As a child, what things (actions, places, people or objects) made you come alive?
This is an interesting question. Especially since my answer doesn't seem to coincide with the above. One thing for sure was singing. Not just any song mind you. The lyrics were important as well as the message. The Warrior Is A Child by Twila Paris was a favorite. I remember surprising my classmates and family when I sang Dallas Holm's Rise Again at our eighth grade talent show.
I loved dance too but three years simply yielded the lack of pigeon toes (hooray!) and the coordination to follow an aerobics instructor. I simply lack the moves and didn't go clubbing so never got any moves. This doesn't mean I don't dance. In the privacy of my kitchen I definitely move...to an audience of 3. My boys and God. And in church I move but that's different - I can jump and keep the beat so we are all good.
And now...I must leave the boys with Mom and Dad and go to PT.
1 comment:
Thanks for answering! I enjoyed reading your responses. And I've always really enjoyed both the songs you mentioned. I can totally relate to the dancing thing, too!
Post a Comment