The boys were with me today for PT. That was interesting but they were really well behaved. They just asked a lot of questions which doesn't really surprise me. It is something I actually treasure about their personalities and even foster (being inquisitive). The difficulty today is that my ability to answer the multitude of questions that the new environment provided was limited because I was trying to concentrate on completing various exercises which, for me, right now, are not easy.
But that isn't really what this post is about. What made me smile today and almost giggle was the declarations Barber began to make on the way home from PT. We were about ten minutes from home, driving on the highway when he began.
B: Mom, when I grow up I want to be a teacher. And a coach of my kids...but...I don't know how you get kids. Mom...?
J: (interrupting his brother) You need a wife Barber.
Me: Jeter, let your brother finish. (At the same time I'm wondering exactly how far this conversation is going to go)
B: *sigh* Mom? When I am bigger and I mean a lot bigger, kind of like Dad bigger, can you get me my kid?
Me: Well, no honey because that's not really how it is meant to work. You see, when you are grown up you will probably meet a really nice girl who you will want to marry and she will be your wife. Then, when it's God's timing you will have a child or children together.
B: Oh *giggle* okay. Then I will have a wife when I am bigger. Her name will be...(pause)...her name will be...(bigger pause)...I don't think I know what her name will be? (and I thought I might have a little prophet on my hands!)
Me: You don't have to know her name now honey. Daddy and I didn't even meet until I was nineteen.
B: Okay. Well, after I have a wife I think that we will have one kid. A boy...
J: (cuts him off again) It doesn't work like...
Me: (cuts off Jeter) Jeter, stop.
B: (not really affected by either of our interruptions) ...a boy who will have the name...George. (I cannot help but smile because this is the name he just chose for his Webkinz monkey.) Yes, that will be his name. Oh and for my house...my wife and I will have one that is black and blue striped. My kids room will have rainbows and I will have a room like mine is now and my wife's room...
J: Barber, you and your wife will share a room. (He wasn't as amused by this as I was)
B: Oh..okay...my room with my wife will be blue and green and we will have pictures of us and a picture of our kid in the bouncy thing because, you know, he will like that. And that is it. I think. Oh I didn't say where we will live. We will live in Neworfthcur (that's how it sounded to me).
J: Where?! That doesn't even make sense. There is no such place. You don't want to live too far away or you will never see your family! If you don't stay in Pennsylvania then you can go to New York or New Jersey.
Me: Pennsylvania is big enough that if you didn't want to live super close to Mom and Dad you could still live nearby.
B: Alright then. We will live in Pennsylvania...right next to Jeter.
J: That would be cool but impossible. I don't know if two houses next to each other would go for sale at the same time...
Jeter continued but Barber's plans were done. The next thing out of his mouth was asking me how much time was left before his soccer practice (the first one starts today).
He's never talked like this before. It was so sweet and innocent. I just had to write it down. And now I have to clean and prepare for Rayda's arrival tomorrow!
11 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
6 comments:
This has me in giggles! What a fun conversation to have with your boys. I just love kids minds at these ages. They just have no clue and are so innocent and pure :) He will laugh when he reads this one day
I hope PT is working really well for you.
Loved reading this! The mind of a child is great... and so cute to see their different ages and understandings play into it.
Don't you love these innocent conversations? It's great you've written this one down - he's going to get a kick out of himself someday. :-)
Adorable.
And mommy to mommy, I'm thinkin' you dodged a major bullet today :) Swipe the forehead and chalk one up for the distraction factor of little ones :)
I know that they wonder and they ask, but I for one am always glad to have the actual questioning and connecting about "getting kids" is delayed for whatever reason :)
Thanks for sharing your boys conversation! I could see it so clearly in my mind. Thanks for making me laugh!
What a great conversation and glad it went in the direction it did!
I have a little something over at my place for you. :)
Post a Comment