31 August 2008

Perfectly Pealed Peaches


Maybe you already know this trick. Maybe you don't. I learned this from my Mom.

Every summer we would make a trip to Davis Peach Farm. The peaches were so delicious! My mom would buy seconds and we would eat peaches every day and she would make her delicious Peach Kuchen. I finally learned how to make the dessert and not a single summer goes by that we don't make a trip to a local farm for some fresh peaches and make at least one Peach Kuchen.

I just made that trip last week. Today I made a Peach Kuchen and peeled and cut up a bunch of peaches for our family.

Now for the trick - Submerge peach into boiling water for 30 seconds and then place in ice cold water for 30 seconds. Remove and peal. Easy peasy. I know my mom didn't invent this. I think among bakers and other food experts this is probably considered common knowledge but my mom is the only one I ever heard it from. So now, all of you know too.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Actually, I did NOT know this trick. It sounds familiar but I'm thinking maybe this works for tomatoes too? You can bet I won't forget it. Peaches are a mess to peel with a knife. Thank you!

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...