30 August 2008

Awestruck!

Let me start at the beginning. Well, not all the way at the beginning but give you some background information.

The high school I used to teach at has an amazing preschool program. Jeter got in when he was 4 years old (students are selected via lottery) and loved it. Loved it. It was an amazing experience and I saw him grow and mature in so many ways. As Barber approached preschool age we prayed and believed that this was the only school for us to apply to. Applications were due April of this year. We submitted ours the first day. In May, we received a letter telling us that Barber was not selected.

What?!? There must be some mistake!?!

What do we do now? We knew that this was the only school that we had peace about applying to. We prayed again and left it in His hands. Quite simply, if God wanted Barber in that school then no man could prevent that from happening. Meanwhile, I had to get a game plan together for the two of us. Guess whose dining room is ready and set for preschool? I've got some centers set up and songs ready to be sung, coloring pages ready to be colored and worksheets set in place. I have themes picked out for the next year and lessons written ready to begin next week. No, I am not elementary ed certified and will never pretend to be but I do know how to teach (biology preferred of course).

Two days ago while I was driving home from running errands, Barber and I were singing "Days of the week" - it's a preschool song to the tune of the Addams Family. All of a sudden this question pops into my head.
What if you get a letter in the mail telling you that there is now an opening for Barber at the preschool?
I literally shook my head like the question would fall out of my ears and I wouldn't have to bother answering it. But I heard it again. So I responded. "Okay, God. I don't know if this is you or not. But I told you that if Barber was to go to that school then YOU were the one to open the door and if not then I know that I am to do what we've planned for at home. So, if I get a letter then that is a signal from you and therefore the answer would be 'yes'."

Guess what happened today?

We didn't get a letter. Even better. We received a phone call. It just so happens that today an opening occurred at the preschool and Barber's name was next on the list!

Guess who is going to preschool and meeting his new teacher next Thursday?!? Barber is so excited.

Me?

Awestruck.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I seriously just gagged on my own tongue. I cannot believe...(no wait, I can believe it because He's God)...that you got a phone call from the preschool. You had JUST told me about the "what if a slot opened?" question that happened in the car only hours before. God is so amazing.

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...