24 April 2008

Steadying the Emotional Side of Life

So our journey continues...

Simms returned to work yesterday of this week and began to experience some - let's just say complications / negative symptoms. We went to the doctor's today and he confirmed that Simms needs to continue to work from home for another week. However he was very upbeat and positive that the healing process is continuing on the right path. Thankfully modern technology and Simms' company allows him to work from home. I'll admit I was concerned but God is so good and has ministered to me so many times throughout today.

After I dropped Jeter off at school this morning Casting Crowns song Praise You In This Storm came across the radio. I was so encouraged. This is a snippet of what blessed me this morning.

I lift my eyes unto the hills. Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord - the Maker of Heaven and Earth.

And I'll praise you in this storm and I will lift my hands for You are who You are no matter where I am and every tear I've cried You hold in your hand. You never left my side and though my heart is torn I will praise You in this storm.

Later in the morning we received a call from Dad giving us an update on Rayda. The news wasn't great. I don't feel free to go into tremendous detail right now but will state that there was a Code Blue last night and now he is in ICU. Thankfully my life is not dictated by emotion or I would be such a wreck. Promises invited me to go for a walk and honestly I needed to get out of the house with Barber and do something and Simms needed to work from home. On the way to her house another song came on the radio. I don't think I've ever really listened to the lyrics before. Today I did and cried. I Believe In Love by Barlow Girl is below. It just plays the song and displays the lyrics. Sorry no pretty pictures that seemed to fit for me.

Rayda ~ if you are reading or listening to this, I just wanted to remind you how much I love you!!!



Finally, tonight when I was putting Jeter to bed after we prayed Rita Springer's Mansion played and I was immediately brought back to Monday morning - April 7th. The lyrics are below.

There is a mansion in Heaven
Where the King of Glory dwells
There is a banqueting table
The Father and His son have prepared

Where angels bow
And elders throw their crowns
All the beasts of the field
And the birds of the air will shout

Fill this house with Your glory my Lord
Fill this place with Your praise
Fill this house with Your presence
Ancient of days

There is a mansion in heaven
Where the King of Glory dwells
I come to the banqueting table
The Father and His son have prepared

And I bow down
And I throw down my crown
With the beasts of the field
And the birds of the air
I will shout

Fill my (our) life with Your glory my Lord
Fill my (our) heart with Your love
Fill my (our) soul with Your presence
I can't get enough

I am so thankful for God and the way He loves me and cares for my every need.

2 comments:

Livin' Life said...

We are praying for you all. I love Barlow Girls my all time favorite group. That is an awesome song.

We all keep praying and declaring healing over your family and we will continue until it comes to pass.

Anonymous said...

I continue to improve, just itchin to get out of here. My main prayer request is that they can find some sembalance of an answer before I get discharged. As it stands now the Rheumeotologist are i9nvolved and may want to fight the swelling with a steroid.
Thing is I want facts, answered & completed so that I don't have some random issue 3yrs down the road whn I am backpacking and to far from proper healthcare.

Anyway, I am feeling soooo much better than I did on Tuesday and I am so thankful for a gracious God who looks over me; even if I don't understand the timing of everything

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...