23 April 2008

Journey of Faith

Tuesday April 8, 2008

Simms and I woke up at 4AM. This is something I do not recommend on a regular basis. I totally thought my alarm was a mistake! We got ready and arrived at Hershey Medical Center by the designated time of 5:30AM. We went through admissions and prep until about 7AM. I then kissed Simms and signed "I love you" as they wheeled him down the hallway, fingering the wedding ring that now hung around my neck. (He had to remove all jewelry).

I established myself on a couch in the waiting room preparing for time with God during the surgery - a predicted 5 hours. Songs of worship played in my mind while I crocheted - working on an afghan that Simms requested. I took breaks to eat my bagel and encourage those around me. First there was a father whose daughter is getting married and they are dealing with wedding woes. Next there was an entire family who joined me - they were all related to a sixteen year old that needed a kidney removed. I kept asking God if I was supposed to pray with anyone but didn't get that nudge so I talked and listened and encouraged - and silently prayed.

I heard from the doctor around 11:10AM - much earlier than expected. He told me the surgery went very well - there wasn't a need for a graft or patch (which was previously determined as necessary) and correction was not required for the other portion of his urethra either - "it didn't look like it did on the x-ray" were his words. Joy overflowed from me as I continued to praise and thank God for this answer to prayer.

Soon after that I was given Simms room number where I waited for him to join me after his stay in recovery. I continued to worship and crochet when something caught my eye. I looked up to see a small white feather floating past my face, confirming for me the words I was singing - Here in Your Presence. I smiled and thanked my Father for being with us through this entire journey. Amidst the unanswered questions, one thing is certain, this has truly been a Journey of Faith which continues to today...

1 comment:

Tarrah said...

How beautiful! I'm so happy that everything went well. What an amazing faith you guys have and I hope his recovery is quick and easy.

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...