So what do I do with my time? One of my friends has used the phrase 'professional juggler'. In many ways it fits. Right now, aside from being mom and wife I am involved (at varying levels of intensity) in 3 ministries at our church, I volunteer at Jeter's school once a week, I am planning our annual Christmas Party, I am crocheting a number of afghans, and I have a list of things that need to be completed before the end of the year. Yes, right now I am sitting at the computer but overall, during my day I am always doing something for someone.
On a blog I recently read, it referenced this site which talked about the potential of burnout and you could take a quiz to see how you are doing. So I took it and thought that most of my answers were ok but then I got a score of 51 which fell in the range of 50 – 59 and they stated "You may be at severe risk of burnout - do something about this urgently."
O.K.
08 November 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
3 comments:
YOU may be at severe levels of burnout. But, HE'S not.
Yup, I got a 57. On Fire's got it right... He's not burning out, and he knows right where we are. I think I'll just rest in Him.
Thanks for the encouraging words as I embark in this new territory ;)
Just reading all of that list made me a little stressed out :).
How amazing though! I hope to get more involved in our church like that now that we have moved closer. He will fill us with strength when we are on assignment from Him.
Post a Comment