07 November 2007

Jeter's Incredible Equation

Simms says that he gets this from me but I know that I wasn't doing this at the ripe old age of six!


10x40-100-100-200+10+10+10+10+100-140+10+1+9+2+8+10+8+1+1+9-13+2=48

Last night was our parent teacher conference at Jeter's school. Apparently everyday they do "Incredible Equations" in class. The teacher gives them the answer and the students come up with the equation. This was his equation on Monday. She saved it so we could see it.

Then this morning as I was drying my hair Jeter says "Mom I know what (200+31)x3 is...it is 693." To which I said "Yes, you're right. Now go get dressed for school."

Jeter you are priceless - indeed a gift from God.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

that's awesome

Promises said...

he is amazing and SO YOUR SON!!! I don't remember doing things like that either. I am glad that he is challenging himself - he has an amazing mind that the Lord has blessed him with. Even if you were not doing that at his age - you definitely "think" the same! You LOVE numbers and the whole how "much" does each name add up to - it is a special gift that not eveyone has - analytical minds!

Tarrah said...

What an amazing little math wizard you have there :)

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...