Last night Simms and I were able to go to the Giant Center of Hershey to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra (tickets were free!). I had no idea what I was about to experience. It was as if so many of the things that I enjoy were mixed together and the product was beyond anything I could have imagined. Seriously. I am not kidding.
I was a teenager in the 80's and will admit I really like a rocky edge to music. I learned to love the classics as well through the years of classical piano lessons. I enjoy the arts. I am passionate about my God and worshipping him. Now, to be frank, I don't know about TSO's convictions and so I am not going to speculate. However, in their opening, I was so moved that there were tears in my eyes. A portion of the song was the classic carol, Hark the Herald Angels Sing. I have never been so moved in all the years of hearing and singing the song.
I have added some of their music to the player for your enjoyment. I also searched for TSO's version of Hark the Herald Angels Sing so that you could enjoy it to. The only thing I could find is below. The light show is both neat and irritating. Feel free to hit play and close your eyes or look away from the flashing lights.
05 November 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
3 comments:
I have heard such great things about their concerts - and yes, I know what you mean about getting caught up in worship. I love, love, love those old hymns, Christmas or otherwise. I get all lumpy in my throat and burny (as LadyBug described it once!) in my eyes when I hear them in a beautiful venue like a concert or with an orchestra. Just a great reminder of the TRUE COMPOSER and CREATOR of music! Thanks for sharing this.
Hubby saw TSO a couple years ago and also loved it! He went with a bunch of other people from our church praise band, and they all had a similar reaction to you. :)
Few people know that if you come to a TSO concert ready to worship, you are going to have an amazing night. I have made a commitment to myself to go every other year (and this is my off year) I have seen a few hands raised in worsip at TSO.
Post a Comment