04 November 2007

How Is Your Hearing?

"Knowing God's Voice" - that was the topic of this past Sunday's message. It was timely. I wanted to highlight two statements that were powerful:

Pastor ____ is not here to hear what God is saying to you!

and

Life here is merely a springboard into eternity.

The purpose was to remind/inform/encourage us that we are 100% capable of hearing from God - we just need to do it. It is our own responsibility and we need to stop relying on others to do it for us. Did everyone like the message? I don't know. If they didn't appreciate it, I would suggest it is because they still want milk even though they are ready to handle the tender meat.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That was a great message. We don't typically look at life as a "spring board into eternity"; although, we should. It certainly re-prioritizes the things in my life when I think about it.

This Journey of Mine said...

Sounds like a message that would be good to podcast!

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...