Did your mom or dad ever play this game with you? How about a grandma or grandpa?Round aboutRound aboutGoes the wee mouseUp a bitUp a bitIn the wee house!
Simms' mom (Nana) and his Grandma (Great Grandma to the boys) were infamous for playing this little game with all their kidilinks. For those of you who have been deprived, this is how the game goes: their finger circles the palm of your hand while saying the first verse and then their fingers move up your arm until you are tickled under your arm (that's the wee house).
Jeter was very young when Nana played this game with him...but he still remembers. I just started this game with Barber. He loves it! For the last few days it is the last thing he asks for before he goes to bed and the first thing he asks for in the morning!
I would be lying if I said I didn't have a smile on my face and a tear in my eye the first time he asked for the game again. Maybe Nana did too.
1 comment:
That's so cute! We have that with "This Little Piggy" and with Grandma's kissing button that I have inherited. (A mole on my eyebrow that looks like hers). I love the continuity that these little things bring to the family!
Post a Comment