15 October 2007

Monday Morning Update

What we did:
1. Papa and Mima came out for a visit from New Jersey. Mima showed me how to make gravy. Apparently, Sicilian Italian gravy is what I call sauce (pronounced sawce). What I call gravy, she clarifies as brown gravy. Anyway, it was fun and I am looking forward to experimenting and making my own.

2. Papa helped Simms reorganize the shed and pack up the summer stuff. Fall is here and the shed is now 'winterized'.

3. It was a family affair at Jeter's soccer game with Papa, Mima, Promises, Dawson and Brady joining us at the sidelines. Have you ever witnessed an entire half played without the whistle blown once (except when a goal was scored)? Me either...until this past Saturday. To Jeter's delight they remain undefeated.

4. We called KC to wish her a 'Happy Birthday' but didn't reach her because she was joining EC for dinner. (I need names guys...)

5. Papa and Mima witnessed Simms in action with the children's ministry at church this weekend. I can still see the questioning look of surprise on their faces when they saw what he was going to wear to church - jeans with a vibrant blue/yellow/green tie-dye shirt and baseball cap on backwards.

Notice what I didn't do and am therefore doing today:
1. Cleaning. I am focusing on my kitchen.

2. Laundry. You don't even want to see my laundry room right now!

3. MIA. Meeting is tomorrow morning and I just have to do a once over.

Also on schedule for today or tomorrow I am going to make pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. Jeter's class will be engaged in various pumpkin-related units and Mrs. M said we could provide a pumpkin snack if we were interested. These are one of Jeter's favorite muffins (and pretty easy to make). How could I resist?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

EC-Rayda
KC-Ruby

Hands-Free Heart said...

Would you mind sharing your pumpkin muffin recipe? I have a lot of squash and pumpkin to use up. I've already made 2 pumpkin pies, and a tried-and-true recipe would be great!

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...