15 August 2007

Worship Changes Everything

This is what I woke to this morning:
Mommy! Mommy! MommymommymommymommymommyMOMMY! MoooooooooMEE! Mommy?
Not that this is very different from any other morning. Simms and I have decided we need to introduce the clock to Barber. Of course, then we'll be awakened by a little one crawling into bed with us by 7am. Right now that seems like the better choice.

After Barber was up and dressed, I brought him downstairs. While I was getting him some milk and making coffee for Simms and I this is what I heard:
Open my eyes. Open my eyes. Open my eyes. I was to see you. I want to see you. I want to see you. Just me and you. Just me and you. Just me and you.
Barber was singing and dancing in the family room. Sounded like he was combining lyrics of a worship song and a Jay Jay the Jetplane song. Regardless, from my vantage point it was worship and neutralized any tiredness I was feeling. His simple act of worship changed my day. What a simple reminder - worship always changes our environment. Thank you Barber!

2 comments:

Promises said...

very sweet - he has a beautiful heart and I am enjoying watching him grow up! I still love those cheeks!

Melissa Angert {All Things Chic} said...

praise songs from the mouths of my kids is one of the most amazing things I've ever experienced! gives me goose-bumps every time!

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...