18 August 2007

Generational Spark

I will praise the Lord at all times.

This was the VBS verse. Our church had preschool VBS this past week. Making a Joyful Noise was the theme and they learned about David; how he praised the Lord while watching the sheep, how he trusted God and received victory over Goliath, and how God had a plan and purpose for his life that seemed really big for a shepherd boy.

Barber loved it!

He soaked it up. I have more to share - a testimony of sorts - but that will have to wait. Right now, my heart is in this scriptural reminder...to praise Him at all times.

Our corner has a number of things going on right now - and they are good things - God ordained things even. But amidst all of this Simms' Grandma is dying. She would have celebrated 90 this past September. Her body is shutting down.

When we told Jeter what was happening to Great Grandma he said
"Well we can't stay here (on Earth) forever. Besides, she is going to be with Jesus. I bet that she'll be waiting for all of us to join her...because we weren't made to live here forever."
What a simple truth. It's wonderful to see that he gets it - even embraces it. I know it's true. That helps me deal with the sadness that I feel. She has been my Grandma for over 13 years. I love her. I'm going to miss her.

Grandma is a very proper lady - she enjoys her tea and loved to entertain when she was able. Her wit and sense of humor would leave you laughing. Grandma has a love that is overflowing to all - she adores her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. But, the greatest part of her legacy is that she came to know the saving grace of Jesus Christ and then she prayed for her family. She was the spark.

Thanks for being that spark Grandma! We'll continue to fan the flame for the next generation and the one after that and the one after that and...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She reminds me of, 2 Timothy 1:5.

What a wonderful legacy she will leave. :)

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...