Many of my friends know that I have been waiting (relatively patiently) for Barber to be ready to be out of diapers. We aren't 100% there but it is ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh so close I can taste it - meaning the freedom of $$ in the monthly budget!
Everyone tells you that each of your children are individuals but until you have more than one, this concept just isn't comprehendible. Jeter trained himself on p00p at 2-1/2. NOW I realize what an amazing gift that was to his Mama. When Barber was a week old I felt like Jeter was ready to be diaper-free. Or maybe I was the one who was ready. Regardless, in four days he was completely independent.
Enter Barber...
Any interest in the potty at 2-1/2? Nope
How about 2-3/4? Nope
How about 3? Still not there yet.
So I have been praying for God's timing because I don't want to stress Barber out and I certainly don't want to stress myself out either. So 2 weeks ago we started...with pull ups, a sticker chart, some cool stickers and prizes. The prize was the key incentive. What motivated Jeter had no bearing on Barber. You just have to find out what is a good incentive for your child. And wait for God's timing. That is the real key.
Here is the summary of our results thus far...with relatively no stress:
Week #1: tremendous success in taking care of pee on on the potty; not much with p00p. Starting to be dry after nap and in the mornings. That is a dry diaper. I am so not that daring.
Week #2: beginning to have success with taking care of all business on the potty. Even with taking a trip out of state! Tried underwear twice. Had accidents both times. Went back to pull up. We'll tackle that when we are home and NOT at someone else's house.
Week #3: this is where we are now. We will be starting to wear underwear tomorrow. I know that we are both ready for this. I am so excited and proud of Barber! He even stopped in the middle of playing outside today to go potty. What HUGE success for him!!!
25 July 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
3 comments:
We will be praying for Barber as well as mom and dad. Thanks for all the great potty advice, I can't wait to put it into play.
This just made me laugh out loud. I'll NEVER forget the day that SIMMS came over to the house on Trindle to help The Boss with something yard-related and the two boys were soooooooo excited to see him that they ran out to the back porch before I could warn Simms.
He picked Shaggy up and gave him a giant hug (as Shaggy always expected him to do!) and was summarily SHOCKED to find that Shaggy was nudie underneath his big long t-shirt!!!! hee heee heee! The look on Simms face was PRICELESS!
But it was our favorite trick of potty training - worked for all 4 kids. Shaggy was in control after only 10 days, the others had similar or shorter experiences. And our favoritest story of potty training is still when Simms picked up Shaggy - sans pants. heee heee!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and signing up for my giveaway. Your name is in the hat! My drawing will be held on Monday, as I will be out of town this weekend.
Post a Comment