25 July 2007

All Aboard!

Papa and Mima were here last week (now 2 weeks ago) and surprised the boys with a fun trip to Strasburg, Pennsylvania.

We rode in the open car of the train, got off and had a picnic lunch and then re-boarded the train to return the station. I stopped in at the Thomas Store to browse with the boys. Their wish lists were filled to the brim by the time we left and I was able to surprise them each with a new Thomas themed toothbrush and placemat. Papa also brought the boys for a ride on a mini train before we returned home.

If your children enjoy trains, this was a wonderful and relatively inexpensive trip. It was Barber's first train ride and his smile didn't cease. As soon as the train pulled out of the station he giggled saying, "This is fun!" and for almost a full week he has asked daily to go on the "Black train" again.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Thomas visit's Strasburg sometimes. (at least he did in the past). It is a fun time for Thomas fans (I went with my nephews several years ago)

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...