When we go away on vacation I like to have enough planning time that I am able to leave the house orderly. The plan is that when we return home there is peace...sort of. This last trip was no exception. The floors weren't mopped and the windows weren't washed but the house was straightened and prepared for our return...or so I thought.
We returned from Long Island on Monday evening. We unpacked the car and put the bags where they needed to be (dirty laundry bag by the basement door, cooler in the kitchen, clean clothes bags upstairs, etc.). Simms was working upstairs when I started to unpack the cooler. I went to place the food in the fridge and noticed the door was slightly ajar.
Maybe Simms just put something in there and didn't close it all the way or one of the boys?!?!?
N.O.P.E.
Apparently an ear of corn from our veges last Wednesday fell when the last item was removed from the fridge Thursday night. The result? The door was slightly ajar for 4 days = 96 hours!!!
Needless to say Simms and I spent a good 1+ hour cleaning out the entire fridge. Everything was cleaned out and thrown out. I am not a fan of mold (unless it is a scientific experiment in a controlled environment) and I don't like the thought of spores being released around my refrigerated items either so everything went. Did I say everything? EVERYTHING!!!
To quote Ty Pennington "Welcome Home Campbell Family. Welcome Home!"
Wonder what the electric bill will be next month?
26 July 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
6 comments:
Ditto... gone for 8 days, came home to find the dishwasher with soap in and not clean! I guess I forgot to turn it on. Yuck! I ran it today with lots of extra soap and now I'm soaking some items in bleach! Ugh.
wow, what a bummer!
However, stench and all, there is no place like home!
I think I will double check everything when we leave for a short vacation.
Welcome Home
oh, yuck!
You poor thing! Your fridge is going to look pretty amazing with all new stuff in it though :)
I cannot even emagine
Ouch!!
At least it is fresh and clean now! I have to clean out my fridge, but I don't think that I will leave it open for a few days before hand! Sorry that you had to experience that sis!
Post a Comment