There was so much activity this weekend!
- Jeter had his last t-ball game of the season. He hit two doubles and made two outs while fielding! He received a game ball for having a 'Monster Game'. We then went to Coach B's house to celebrate the season with the rest of the team. Coach B handed out medals to his team. Mirror Mirror's husband made baseball cards for the boys with pictures of them and their teammates on them. He is so talented and has such a giving heart. Jeter was thrilled!
- We had to leave the t-ball party early so that we could get to Jeter's mini-swim meet on time. I have been so pleased with his progress! He swam freestyle using the kickboard, freestyle (which looked like doggie-paddle) with a coach's hand under his belly, back stroke using the kickboard, backstroke with the coach's hand under his back, breast stroke with coach's hand under his belly, and butterfly with the kickboard. When he used the kickboard he was kicking only (the butterfly looked funny!). When he wasn't using the kickboard he was using his arms and legs to complete the stroke. He has a strong kick and was placed in a group for the meet that didn't give him too much competition. He received 6 blue ribbons! This spring was busy (schedule-wise) with adding swimming to our list of "to-do's" but we have seen such progress in Jeter that the time sacrificed was definitely worth it!
- Jeter joined me for the shopping I still needed to complete for his birthday party on Sunday (plates, cups, napkins, favors, etc.). I also brought him to Cold Stone Creamery for his free birthday creation. He chose Mint Mint Chocolate Chocolate Chip. He thoroughly enjoyed every single bite!
- Lil' sis, Dawson and Brady joined us later in the afternoon. We had dinner together and the boys played while lil' sis and I worked on completing items on my to-do list for Jeter's party.
- Jeter celebrated his 6th birthday with the theme of "Spiderman". 13 six year old boys joined him yesterday to celebrate. His friends were from school, church, t-ball and soccer. Simms and I weren't sure that we wanted to invite that many six year olds (14 were invited). I was thinking of inviting just his friends from church and t-ball initially but felt convicted. If we believe that our home is going to be one where we can positively influence the next generation, then they need to be welcomed...why not start now? So we did.
- It started to drizzle at 12:30pm yesterday - the party was scheduled from 1:30pm-3:00pm. Simms was ready to cancel/postpone the party. He did not like the thought of 14 (16 including Barber and Brady) running around the inside of our house. I said "no" and told him I already was praying - reminding God that we only had this many boys coming to our house because we were being obedient to Him and therefore He needed to stop the rain until the party was over. Meanwhile, Simms prepped the basement should we need a back-up plan.
- The rain stopped around 1pm and the sun dried out the grass. We were able to complete all planned activities with a few refreshing raindrops every now and then. The boys were wonderful and Jeter had a great time with his friends! It started to really rain at 3pm. I'll provide more birthday party details later when we get some pics to post from lil' sis.
3 comments:
Sounds like you need a nap after that weekend. :)
It was wonderful that you included some boys from school.
Brady had such a great time running around with the big kids - I think that he feels that he is the same age as them! The pics came out great and we will be getting them to you soon! We all had a great time - you are an excellent party planner!
I loved visiting your corner. your site looks so wonderful
Post a Comment