There have been a number of new blogs popping up in Central PA over the last few months. I have had the pleasure of welcoming a number of dear friends to the blogosphere...but I have been waiting for this day. Today I officially welcome my lil' sis.
If you are a reader you know that my lil' sis is just that - although she is and forever will be 4 inches taller than me. I was 3-1/2 when she was born but I don't really remember life without her. One of my earliest memories is sitting in the car with my Daddy outside the hospital waiting for my Mommy and new baby sister. I was happy to meet her but I also wanted to open the big wrapped present that was in the back seat with me and Daddy said I couldn't open it until we picked them up! I was thrilled to find a baby doll in the package but my love for this doll has waned over time while my love for lil' sis has deepened.
Lil' sis is my 'bestest' girlfriend. By the time she was in Kindergarten and I was in 4th grade we were the same height. We shared clothes, toys, friends, etc. It was as if the 3-1/2 years between us didn't even exist. That doesn't mean we didn't disagree or argue. There were many times when we would separate all of our things into 'mine' and 'hers' piles because of our irritation and frustration with one another! Thankfully we were quick to forgive (life was boring without the other). We are individuals and our relationship has survived lots of peaks and valleys as we have had to walk through different trials at opposing times. One of the things that I cherish most about our relationship is that at the end of the day, no matter what the circumstance or our viewpoint on it, we love each other unconditionally.
My family has been thoroughly blessed by hers. She and Dawson (formerly lil' bro) are a second mom and dad to Jeter and Barber and I love Brady (formerly lil' JB) as if he were another son. I am grateful that the Lord has kept them close in physical distance - I know that is not the norm and I don't take it for granted. I cherish it because you don't know what God may do in 10, 15 or 20 years. So I love the fact that they are 1-1/2 miles down the road. I enjoy our morning phone calls, getting the cousins together weekly, scrapbooking, baking and/or planning parties together, working together in ministry and encouraging one another.
She has been enjoying the window that The Campbell Corner has provided for her and I am looking forward to the window that Promises Fulfilled will give to me. It won't decrease the amount of time we spend together (sorry Simms and Dawson) just enhance it.
01 June 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
2 comments:
I will go check out her blog! It's fun to meet all these Central PA bloggers! I need to get them all on my blogroll. Sounds like a wonderful sister! :) What a special relationship.
Thanks for the introduction! I got so caught up in reading hers that I forgot to post this comment yesterday. Looking forward to reading the things on her heart also. Your parents should be very, very proud of the amazing, strong women they have raised. You are both great jewels in their crowns!
Post a Comment