31 May 2007

I'm On It

Recently (meaning just this past week) there have been a few times when I have made a request of Jeter and he has responded quickly with "I'm on it!" I cannot help but smile. I am so proud of him and his level of maturity. (This doesn't mean that this is how he always responds but it is becoming more common than not.) Barber - at 3 - is a stark contrast to this. With him, when a request is made the result is usually a charmed smile followed by hesitant movement that may or may not fulfill the request. I then remind Barber of my level of seriousness and his need to be obedient as well as the consequences of disobedience. Sometimes that is all he needs and he complies. Other times he still displays hesitancy. I don't give up though because I know that my consistency will pay off and someday I will hear him say "I'm on it mom!"

It seems to me that my life is often under scrutiny - by me. My heart's desire is to be used by Him; to fulfill the plan and purpose that He has for my life and give Him glory in the process. I wonder how often I resemble Barber or Jeter...

Our Pastor has been talking the last two weeks about 'Living Under an Open Heaven'. Why? What would motivate me to desire this? It is described in Revelation 4:1-2. But how does that apply to me? Now? Pastor Dave stated that "...in an open heaven, we are invited to experience uninterrupted interaction with God's presence no matter where we go." THAT would be awesome? So how is this accomplished? How can I RSVP "yes!" to this invitation?

Lots of questions. I feel like my 3 year old right now.

At this point, we (our congregation) have been informed of 4 keys that are ours to use:
  1. Remember - to remember who He is and what He has done.
  2. Risk - to have ears that hear the Word and then do it.
  3. Stay Hungry - to seek (to desire, pursue with abandon)
  4. Embrace Change - note that repentance (surrendering to change) opens Heaven and obedience keeps it open

Previously I have talked about change and how I like it...even embrace it. However, I admit, I like it best when I am in control of the change. Currently, I see how the hand of God is making some moves and changes around me and my family - some directly affect us, others indirectly. Some I am okay with while I hold reservations with others. But they are still happening. So now I have a choice. It isn't easy but my heart has been following these keys. I am remembering the things that God has done - this is definitely a faith builder. I am reminding myself that when I am walking in obedience to Him there is no risk. I am reminded of the promised results of seeking and therefore I want to be in pursuit; I want to desire the things of the Lord with a hunger. Finally I want to walk in immediate obedience, embracing the change. Just like I am attempting to teach my boys...I need to obey HIM the first time. So right now I am trying to respond with a quick "I'm on it!"

So...amidst the change my desire hasn't altered. My heart longs to be used by Him. If you have four minutes, listen to Jeremy Camp's song while sipping your coffee or tea (but hit pause in the sidebar first). What does your heart desire?


No comments:

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...