Today my Jeter is celebrating 6! I had mentioned that Barber was our second miracle...that is because Jeter was our first.
Simms and I had a plan. We always have a plan. However, we have learned to be very flexible with our plans because they often are required to evolve before they fit God's plans. Anyway, back to our plan. We had determined, for a variety of reasons (good reasons too I might add), that we wanted to be married for 5 years before we would actively try to create some mini-Campbell's.
This activity continued for almost two years before I saw two lines on a pregnancy test. It was the day before my 30th birthday. A week before Simms doctor appointment. What a wonderful gift from my Heavenly Father - I did tell Him that I really wanted to have my first child by the time I was 30! Since then we have learned of the 'why' it was virtually impossible for us to conceive. This is just one reason why I view both Jeter and Barber as precious gifts. God chose to bless us with these two fine sons and entrusts us to teach, guide and prepare them to fulfill the plans and purposes that He has for each of them.
I had a very good pregnancy. Some queasiness and aversions to certain foods (still cannot drink apple juice!) but no real complaints. I prayed a lot regarding my water breaking. Actually I prayed about a lot of things - quite specific too. But regarding the water thing...we had a dog and lots of carpet at the time. I really didn't want a mess in the house. I know that sounds crazy but I prayed that if my water was to break that God wouldn't let it happen until I was in the bathroom or at the hospital. Lo and behold 6 days before Jeter's due date I got up to go to the bathroom (at 1:30am) and felt a twinge. When I was done (going to the bathroom) I realized that there was still fluid flowing and I was not in control of it. A smile crossed my face for two reasons - I was going to meet my little miracle within 24 hours and God answered one of my silly prayers. Finally it stopped (the water not the smile) and I crawled back into bed and told Simms the news. When he finally processed it he asked, "Wait. Did you just say what I think you said?" I nodded and smiled some more. We were told in our class to sleep through the night if you can so we decided to do that. But I couldn't fall asleep right away. I kept waiting for the contractions to get closer than 11 minutes. They didn't and I went to sleep.
Morning came and we made the necessary phone calls. Papa and Nana drove out from NJ and Grammie got plans together for her sub and left LI as soon as she could - prepared to stay with us for a week. Poppy soon followed her. Lil' sis came to the hospital as soon as her work day was done. My labor was not that exciting. My contractions were so irregular - I would have 3 very close together and then nothing for 10 minutes. This was actually the regular pattern for me. Not very helpful when 'normal' regular contractions are what help you dilate. I was on the clock because my water broke (they gave me 24 hours) and I really did not want a C-section (I am just not a fan of needles, being cut, etc.). They put me on pitocin but my contractions remained irregular. By 5:45pm I was still only 3cm. The midwife and nurses were planning on going to dinner. God had different plans. In 15 minutes I was fully dilated and ready to push!!! I remember apologizing and telling Simms that he needed to get someone because I knew I wasn't supposed to push until they told me it was okay but the urge was too great. He ran to stop them from leaving for dinner. I pushed for a little over an hour. My actual contractions only lasted throughout the first push (referring to the 3 - 10 count pushes). According to the nurse I was doing all the work through the other 2 pushes. It didn't matter to me. Simms was by my side and we were about to meet our precious baby.
Meanwhile, the music ministry team knew we were in the hospital and were praying for this promised life. So many had stood with us in prayer. It is only fitting that they are part of this story. While they were calling him forth in their prayers our precious Jeter was born...7:10pm. He had his hand raised above his head. We say he was born worshipping and praising our God...and he has never stopped.
I wondered why God allowed my water to break 6 days early. My body was obviously not ready to give birth (lack of contractions - never becoming regular). He had his reasons. Two days later Simms mom found out she had stage 4 uterine cancer. Papa and Nana drove down and told us the next day. Less then one week after Jeter was born she had a full hysterectomy and then began a battle that lasted 15 months. Had Jeter been born on his due date, Nana would have missed meeting her first grandson - the only one she would know this side of heaven. We don't always understand God's plans or timing but we don't see the whole picture. He does. That is why I continue to choose to trust Him and His timing...even when it doesn't make sense to my mortal mind.
Happy Birthday Jeter. You are a unique treasure. I pray that you continue to grow and mature into the godly man you are created to be. May every gift and talent come forth and mature in His timing. I pray that you would walk the path that He has for you and that your foot would never stray from the way of the righteous. I love you!!!
30 May 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
5 comments:
Happy birthday, Jeter! You are a special promise for your mom and dad. Be happy because every step you take has been already thought up by God.
I really enjoyed reading how he came in to the world. God is so faithful. He cares about us and all the things that we care about.
Happy Birthday, Jeter! I love you so very much! You are truly a special gift from the Lord, and I am blessed to have you as my nephew!
Wow! I remember all this happening, but I'd never gotten to hear the whole story - how neat for Jeter to have it written this way, to look back and have a tangible measure of God's plan playing out in his little life. And how precious for your whole family to be allowed to share this miracle with your hubby's mom. You are a blessed family, indeed. And Happy B'day - Jeter!
Wow what a story....and I see that it is not your story, or Jeter's story, but truly God's story!!
Happy Birthday to your son.....my daughter just turned 10 on May 25th. Got to love those spring birthdays!
BTW, I had my first at 30 also. :)
Happy birthday, Jeter! I love the story. When we were growing up, every birthday, we always heard the story of mom and dad going to the hospital and waiting for us to be born over dinner. Because isn't it neat that God cares and prepares for each of us so specially?
Post a Comment