03 May 2007

How Could You Not Hear My Shouts of Joy?

This past weekend I received some of the best news ever so far this year...and I have been given the green light to share it with YOU. I am going to be an AUNT again!!!!!!!!!! Can you sense my enthusiasm?

Dawson had taken Jeter to a skating birthday party. If you had read this, then you recall that Simms and I do not skate. Our boys will learn from their uncle. Isn't family great?!? Anyway before he and Jeter left for the party, lil' sis was talking about how nice Barber's birthday was and then talked about our plans for Jeter's upcoming party to celebrate "6". Then she jumped to saying how she is going to need a lot of help from me for Brady's birthday and continued to emphasize how much help she is going to need from me...like holding my new nephew or niece...!!!!! It took a moment to process because I was thinking "cake" and "theme" and then the words hit me. Lots of clapping and jumping ensued as I hugged my lil' sis with unmeasurable amounts of excitement and joy. They just giggled at my silliness. All of them. Lil' sis, Dawson and Simms.

Jeter's initial reaction was less than noteable. In all fairness he was quite focused on completing the birthday card he created for his friend. Later he talked about how he didn't know how he was going to be able to care for another child...he only has two arms! He then talked about inventing a contraption that would attach to his head providing a third arm. We couldn't help but smile at his personal discussion regarding how he would manage to play with and entertain 3 children younger than himself. Because apparently, he believes that this is HIS job. LOL. Maybe Say Anything or Mom in Action can fill him in so that he feels thoroughly prepared by January 2008.

January 2, 2008 to be precise. That is the due date right now anyway. Exactly 2 years from Brady's birth. Wouldn't that be fun! You may remember the skill with which Brady melts my heart. I am simply destined to be a puddle!

Oh...Barber simply smiled and said "oh" and "uh-huh". Not really phased. We're expecting the questions to come once his Aunt's belly starts to "grow".

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO! Another warrior baby to advance the Kingdom of Heaven :) And another neice or nephew to hug and cuddle and kiss. Very happy for your whole family - give lil' sis and bro hugs for us all!

Kelli said...

Congrats to you and to that wonderful, sweet sister of yours!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to all!! Very exciting!

This Journey of Mine said...

Oh, how so very cool!!! Congrats "lil sis!" I am so excited for you.

Praying for a healthy and joyful pregnancy!!

Emily said...

I am so excited for you and especially lil sis.

I had to laugh at JCC. I have 2 nephews. They are 6 and 7 years old. Anyhow they have decided that the 7-year-old will take care of Princess while the 6-year-old "trains the new baby". It is so funny how the little/big cousins feel they are the ones that have to take care of the younger cousins.

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...