As mentioned here, we had family out from the west coast for a very brief but special visit. Goodbyes have become extremely difficult for EC. He can handle not seeing me or Simms for long periods of time but it truly tears him up to be away from his nephews. They are the ones that pull on his heartstrings. With tear-filled eyes he hugs and kisses the boys...or at least tries to.
Jeter freely gives hugs and kisses to those he loves. Barber has entered a phase where if he doesn't want someone to leave he won't give them a hug and kiss. He thinks the person will have to stay. It's quite endearing and yet the consequences of his choice are somewhat painful. EC and KC were able to hug and kiss him themselves but he wouldn't return the hug and kiss. I tried to explain how far Seattle is from PA but it was in vain. We stood outside as they got into their car - I waved, Jeter waved and called good-bye while blowing kisses and Barber burrowed his head into my chest. Once their car turned the corner we went inside and Barber said "Oh no! I give hugs and kisses to Unca EC and Aunt KC!"
Good byes are just not easy.
12 May 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
1 comment:
That just about broke my heart...I don't like good-byes, either!
Post a Comment