30 October 2006

5 Miscellaneous Tidbits

  • Giants won! Am I dreaming? Is it possible that they are really first in their division?!?
  • For an excellent message regarding generational responsibility and passing on the type of heritage that God intended us to, check out the audio recording of Pastor Jim Ruddy on 10/28 or 10/29 at Christ Community Church.
  • "My Turn" is Barber's way of telling us that he wants to do something himself. Simms and I need to remember to be patient as this is the time in his life when he is learning a new level of independence and it is our job to help him complete this phase successfully. Not easy when we arrive to Grammie and Poppy's house and he wants to ring the doorbell by himself. We all just want to go in - Jeter is already inside with jacket off. It is too easy to become impatient and label this as "terrible". I refuse to do this. I love the age of two. The new level of independence and communication that is accomplished. But...we need to remember to patient and loving in giving Barber the time he needs to achieve "my turn".
  • Jeter received a new Bible cover from his Daddy as an "I love you" present on Friday - it is kind of like a backpack. It was rare to find Jeter without his Bible this weekend. An added bonus was his request for us to read to him multiple times. This led to Jeter sharing with me his view on what our church should be doing in the nursery. According to him, the workers should be reading Bible stories to the kids "even though they are really little and don't talk, they need to hear about God and know about the things in the Bible. Play time and videos are good but they need to read more". Reminder - Jeter is five and when he was four he wanted to sit in the church service with us - he said that he learned more from our pastor. Simms and I allowed it because he was listening, sitting still and learning every Sunday. We consistently sought the Lord regarding when Jeter would return to the children's ministry. He did this fall - and now he prefers to go to his "church kindergarten" class over staying with us. And as a side note - the children's ministry at our church is incredible - they pour themselves into this generation and provide for their needs - physical and spiritual.
  • I have a lot of cleaning that I need to get to!!!

No comments:

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...