28 October 2006

Success in the City!

We did it! Well, Simms actually drove today and wouldn't you know it there was a spot right in front of the museum entrance!!! And yet, we still drove in a circle to turn around so that we could actually park there.

Barber and Jeter had a blast! They didn't want to leave and are asking when we can go back to Curiosity Connection again. We were there for over three hours (which during the week would have cost me over $4.20 in quarters and you know that everyone has $5 worth of quarters on them at all times!!!). Simms and I were exhausted afterwards. They played with everything - which included the following:
  • Lego's of Bob the Builder and Thomas and Friends
  • Pretending to sow and harvest vegetables and fruit. Barber also "planted" flowers
  • Driving the red truck - they could turn on the lights and when they stepped on the gas peddle it sounded like they were driving
  • Jeter enjoyed dressing up as various forest critters - his favorite was being a brown bear.
  • Fishing with magnetic fishing pole and fish
  • Harvesting corn from the "field" of corn.
  • Assembling a truck
  • Going through the pathways to and from the bedroom

Needless to say it was a wonderful day for all of us. We also found out that they change the set up quarterly. In November it will change to a winter theme and Jeter was told that he can have a snowball fight indoors! He has already reminded Simms and me that November is this coming week!

1 comment:

This Journey of Mine said...

May I say, that I LOVED Curiosity Connection, when I was in PA. The kids played for hours there. I loved watching EJ play so intently with the toys there. Z loved it too, he enjoyed the trucks the best. I am glad that you and your family were able to really enjoy your day there!

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...