These were the words uttered by Barber this morning about 20 minutes after we had said good-bye to Jeter at the bus stop and were now settled at home eating breakfast. He never said anything like this before. He has asked "Where Jeter go?" or "What Jeter doing, Mommy?" or "Jeter on school bus?" but he has never expressed missing his brother before.
How precious this moment was for me. It was a verbal expression of the brotherhood that is being established between them - one that I have been and continue to pray for. I know they love and care for one another; It is adorable to see the need they have to say "nite nite" to each other and "good-bye" when one is leaving the other (which includes a hug and sometimes a kiss). But the concept of missing the other person when they are gone...
It seems as though they are growing up quickly. Barber is talking in sentences and Jeter is now writing sentences! How did this happen? My nephew is now moving around quite independently. No longer a baby anymore. It seems like it was just yesterday that Brady was a little bundle that we were welcoming into the family!
Moments like this cause me to pause and take mental snapshots.
01 November 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
2 comments:
That's such a great snapshot of life. Thanks for sharing it. It brought back sweet memories of M & C at those ages. Of course, S & J are still at that sweet and tender age - even if M & C tease them for being "suck-ups!" It's a treat to read your blog and see how the Lord is growing your family. It's also a reminder of how precious time is, as it seems like YESTERDAY that you and JC were cute little newlyweds :) Cherish the moments - and take the kudos for doing a great job praying them up and training them in the ways of the Lord.
Tracy :p
whitneygang@comcast.net
That is so sweet. I love watching my boys grow as brothers!!! And it is so amazing that they are growing up so quickly. As much as I want them to, part of me gets a little sad too!
Post a Comment