Valentines Day...a day to let the ones you love know how very special they are. Granted I agree that this shouldn't be saved for just one day each year but I don't mind taking extra time on this day for the loves in my life.
This is something that my Dad has done for YEARS. My sister and I always knew that Mom was his #1 Valentine and love of his life, but Dad always made sure to let us know that there was plenty of room in his heart for each of us too. He always had a box of chocolates for us and plenty of hugs and kisses. It didn't matter what happened at school that day - who got flowers or special notes, who didn't - I always knew I was loved and valued.
And this love continues to the next generation. Who knew this would be part of Dad's legacy. Jeter wished each of us a Happy Valentines Day this morning and had a candy for each of us too. Simms told me last night that Barber asked his Daddy if they could go to the store and buy me a ring. Too cute - what a precious heart. Obviously they didn't. But, I don't need a ring...just their hugs and kisses and love is more than enough for me. My two little guys found a love note from me today at their seats with a heart-shaped box of chocolates - reminding them that they are special, a treasured blessing from God, and that they are loved.
One thing is different about this Valentine's Day. Dad goes for his first chemotherapy treatment. Promises is bringing him today...I'm bringing him next time. I talked to him this morning and wished him a Happy Valentine's Day. I also prayed with my Dad and told him how much I loved him. I wanted to talk to Mom next but I knew Dad was filling out a card for her and I didn't want to interrupt their time together...the two cutest sweethearts I know.
Next step...get to work on my to-do lists...except the song(s) that 88.1 Word FM has been playing throughout this morning caused a change in plans. Talk about getting wrecked and encouraged all at the same time. It's all good though...He's just reminding me that He loves me a whole bunch too.
This is something that my Dad has done for YEARS. My sister and I always knew that Mom was his #1 Valentine and love of his life, but Dad always made sure to let us know that there was plenty of room in his heart for each of us too. He always had a box of chocolates for us and plenty of hugs and kisses. It didn't matter what happened at school that day - who got flowers or special notes, who didn't - I always knew I was loved and valued.
And this love continues to the next generation. Who knew this would be part of Dad's legacy. Jeter wished each of us a Happy Valentines Day this morning and had a candy for each of us too. Simms told me last night that Barber asked his Daddy if they could go to the store and buy me a ring. Too cute - what a precious heart. Obviously they didn't. But, I don't need a ring...just their hugs and kisses and love is more than enough for me. My two little guys found a love note from me today at their seats with a heart-shaped box of chocolates - reminding them that they are special, a treasured blessing from God, and that they are loved.
One thing is different about this Valentine's Day. Dad goes for his first chemotherapy treatment. Promises is bringing him today...I'm bringing him next time. I talked to him this morning and wished him a Happy Valentine's Day. I also prayed with my Dad and told him how much I loved him. I wanted to talk to Mom next but I knew Dad was filling out a card for her and I didn't want to interrupt their time together...the two cutest sweethearts I know.
Next step...get to work on my to-do lists...except the song(s) that 88.1 Word FM has been playing throughout this morning caused a change in plans. Talk about getting wrecked and encouraged all at the same time. It's all good though...He's just reminding me that He loves me a whole bunch too.
Daddy...my 1st Valentine.
Rescue by Desperation Band
You are the source of the life
I can’t be left behind
No one else will do
I will take hold of You
I need You Jesus
To come to my rescue
Where else can I go
There’s no other name by
Which I am saved
Capture me with grace
I will follow You
This world has nothing for me
I will follow You
This world has nothing for me
I will follow You

1 comment:
You write such beautiful words.
Thinking of your family always.
Have a wonderful love filled Valentine's Day! :)
Post a Comment