
When you look at this picture what do you see?
Winter. Death. Cold. Those are some words that could come to mind and they would be valid.
I see life - and the potential of it. There is a protective covering - that isn't necessarily pretty - that keeps this bud safe throughout the severe temperatures and storms of winter. The result is that when spring comes it bursts forth with a beautiful bloom.
There are a lot of parallels to my life and the lives of my loved ones. Circumstances don't particularly look great - there are signs of debilitation and increased weakness. And yet, there has been an increase in a sense of being surrounded and protected which has provided what I've referenced as an irrational peace.
I believe that there is going to be a new season - a spring. And when it is time, the old will pass away and the new bloom is going to burst forth. The difficulty is timing...I don't know when winter will pass. What I do know is that while in this season, I am choosing to focus on the potential of new life that exists and is being protected. I know that the protection is present and we will withstand the storms and/or severe conditions. That 'knowing' is my faith and it is continually strengthened as I spend time in His Presence.
Winter. Death. Cold. Those are some words that could come to mind and they would be valid.
I see life - and the potential of it. There is a protective covering - that isn't necessarily pretty - that keeps this bud safe throughout the severe temperatures and storms of winter. The result is that when spring comes it bursts forth with a beautiful bloom.
There are a lot of parallels to my life and the lives of my loved ones. Circumstances don't particularly look great - there are signs of debilitation and increased weakness. And yet, there has been an increase in a sense of being surrounded and protected which has provided what I've referenced as an irrational peace.
I believe that there is going to be a new season - a spring. And when it is time, the old will pass away and the new bloom is going to burst forth. The difficulty is timing...I don't know when winter will pass. What I do know is that while in this season, I am choosing to focus on the potential of new life that exists and is being protected. I know that the protection is present and we will withstand the storms and/or severe conditions. That 'knowing' is my faith and it is continually strengthened as I spend time in His Presence.
2 comments:
awesome post - I needed to read it and accept this encouragement. This has been a tough weekend for me (and of course Dad). However, with every tear that would well up inside of me, I still know and hold on to the fact that God is God and He is our Healer...Dad's healer. (I think that I am going to blog this!)
Oh sis...I'm so glad that you blogged about this. What an encourager you are! We're in it together girl - through thick and thin.
Post a Comment