07 May 2010

Mother's Day Came Early This Year

Jeter doesn't like surprises and when he has something special for you, he cannot wait. Yesterday, after school, he read a poem that he had written for Mother's Day. This eight year old walks right out of his Dad - he knows just what to say and how to say it.

This may be a present for Mother's Day but I think it'll bring a tear to my eye everyday that I read it.

Worker by Jeter

You work all day
While we just play
You work for us
While we all fuss

You never complain
You never cry
And you never give
A careless sigh

I'll come in
With muddy feet
And you'll just say
'Take a seat'

You'll take the lead
When I just read

Everything we don't you do.
Now we say Thank you Mom. Thank you.

No comments:

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...