Can you believe it...I'm actually at the computer...writing!?!
I've been working on my to-do list and one of the items is to elevate and ice my left ankle. Type A personality here cannot just sit down and elevate and ice. No way. I need to be accomplishing something. So, today...this is it. Let's see what I can tell you in 20 minutes.
Did you know I re-sprained my ankle? Not too exciting really. Seems to be as much of a mental and emotional recovery as well as physical for me at this point. I don't like being taken out and that is what this feels like. How did it happen? I was walking out of the house to the car so that I could go get Jeter's glasses that were left at my parents house the previous evening when we picked them up. Like that run-on sentence? I'm not even going to fix it. Anyway, I stepped off the porch and felt my ankle twist. Next thing I knew, I was in a heap on the ground. Super graceful too - I'm sure of that.
Why did I need to get Jeter's glasses? Well, for one, he sees better with them. But he was also going to be part of an amateur film production. Very exciting stuff. Looking forward to seeing the final cut of the project. Anyway, Simms was with him. Barber hung out with me while my leg was elevated. Yippee. Later that day we enjoyed lunch (while watching the Giants win) as well as my birthday ice cream cake. Thank you sis for making it for me! I just have the greatest family ever - even when I have to sit on my rump with leg elevated and ankle iced.
Why were the boys at my parents house? Simms' parents came out for a visit to see the boys play soccer and then they surprised me by taking Simms and I out for a wonderful dinner and show. So much fun. It was a wonderful evening filled with laughter and love. Great way to complete my actual birthday-day.
My birthday. Yes...I'm 39 now and actually think it's a great number. Why? Do I really need to display my silliness? I do have the time so I guess I will for a moment. Okay...I was born on the 3rd and both numbers in 39 are divisible by 3 and this number is also significant in many other crazy ways to me. Like the fact that we were married on the 15th which is also divisible by 3. Simms is born in the 6th month - also divisible by 3. And the boys? Jeter was born on the 30th and Barber was born at 2:30 in the morning. As warped as all this may be...let's just conclude that I was thinking 39 is going to be a great year for me. And...even now with my ankle elevated and iced, I still believe it - and I know that the greatness of the coming year really has nothing to do with the number. I just like numbers. He made me that way.
My birthday-day actually started with homemade crepes made by Simms. So delicious. I actually took pictures. Yes, I will post them...later. The boys soccer games were great - it is so fun to watch them play soccer. They both enjoy the sport so much. I love being their mom. What does that have to do with watching them play soccer. Nothing. I was just thinking about them and that made me smile and think about how much I love being their mom.
The night before my birthday I was at a women's meeting at our church. It was wonderful. The speaker shared details about her life and journey. The theme that was woven throughout her tale was that all you need to do is walk in obedience to God. There were times that I could relate to the emotion of her stories and how she and her husband have journeyed together as a team. But that isn't what rocked my world that night. There were two gifts given away. They asked whose birthday was the closest to that evening. Two of us were celebrating the next day so I won the prize. I had no idea how precious this was. I opened it to find a pearl necklace and earrings. I was a bit surprised but my breath was taken away when the speaker (a missionary) stopped by later. She asked if I opened my present and I said "yes..." and before I could say another word she said "They are from the Philippines and they are real. Enjoy them." And she gave me a hug. I don't care if this sounds silly to you or not and I'm not even going to try to explain all of the details behind this statement - for me, those pearls are a birthday present from Jesus. And, yes, I wore them the next night to my special dinner.
That wasn't my only surprise on Friday. Two special gals - Promises and Thrills, surprised me with a day-before-my-birthday breakfast. Bagels and coffee with friends. What else could a girl want - besides the balloons which were orange and purple? Two colors that I think are fantabulous. Princess agrees with me too.
Time flies when you're having fun. Or when you are numbing your ankle with frozen water. I will post pictures again and give you "all the details" on my tales in the future. Now - back to my list.
08 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
4 comments:
I enjoyed reading that! It was a fun recap, although the ankle sprain was not fun...the rest was fun! :)
I almost want to say "Are you on pain medication?" but after knowing you for almost 6 years...I know this is what happens when Nicole is forced to sit down for 20+ minutes and empty out what's in her mind. I LOVED READING THIS! It was an awesome and beautiful recap of what's been going on in your life and all the random thoughts that popped in along the way. Love you!!
Does Advil count as pain medication? Ha!
Yuppers - another facet of this chikkie was just revealed.
This was fun to read!! I'm glad you had a great birthday weekend. You deserve it!
Post a Comment