This is Part I of a two part series. Besides being Mommy extraordinaire, I lead a ministry at our church. For more information about the ministry you can check out our blog...look at the links in the left margin. Last month was the kick-off to our new season: Created & Called: Year of Activation. I shared the following with the moms and wanted to document it here as well - in case my boys want to learn more about why their mama is the way she is. LOL
Created & Called – it’s more than just a theme for me. My heart beats with this - Identity & Purpose. This is core / foundational stuff for me. It is very much a part of what I pray for the lives of my boys, my husband, friends, family, each of you, people I just meet…you get the point. Sometimes I wonder why it was like this for me – granted identity and purpose seem to be the now message – but it has not been new to me. It has been…I’d like to say a formative part of who I am.
This thought did not make sense to me until I heard Anne Stock speak at the Beautiful One Conference. Before she began, Anne made a statement that stuck with me. She quoted her husband, Charles Stock and said (I’m paraphrasing here) that everyone has a single message. That was my “aha” moment. Yes! Created & Called – that is mine.
When did this start for me? I believe the theme was always being woven into my life – especially with my mom constantly reminding me who I am – that my name means victory of the people and that God would bring me through whatever it was I was facing and I would have victory. I shared two years ago about some of the situations I faced in high school. In retrospect, I can see how that too was a defining moment for me and who I am today. The one lesson that reverberated inside my heart is the fact that He told me that it didn’t matter what others thought – the only thing that I needed to be concerned with is how He sees me. Do you see what that was about? Identity.
In March 2008 I spoke to you about pursuing with passion. I didn’t realize the connection to this theme at the time. It highlighted another pivotal time in my life – college. Through an amazing string of events I turned from going full speed ahead to a career as a pediatrician to humbling myself and pursuing the career of a teacher. It wasn’t about the career anymore but rather my hearts cry was one where all I wanted to do was what He had for me. I just wanted to participate fully in the plan that He had for my life. That desire is still strong today. If someone was to ask me what my plans are for next week, a month from now, next year…sure I have thoughts and ideas but ultimately the only place I want to be is in the center of His plan for my life. I know you see the link here…Purpose.
You get the point. This is part of me. Why then am I so passionate about this truth being made real to others – which includes all of you? If we all have a message then it’s not like this is going to suddenly become yours.
That’s true. But, even though this is like breathing to me – there are many of His truths that are a part of my life and they are also necessary for me to fulfill all that He has for my life. In the same way, Created (Identity) & Called (Purpose) is a truth that the Father desires to weave into each of you.
I still asked “why”? Why? Because that is also a part of me. I ask a lot of questions. Maybe this is why I didn’t mind when the boys started asking questions. I want them to be critical thinkers…but that’s another story for another day.
So I asked “why” and the answer is what I want to share with you today.
to be continued...
13 October 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
No comments:
Post a Comment