09 July 2009

So I've Been Reading...

...and LOVING IT!!!

Of course that means I haven't been blogging lately. Well, I can't blame that entirely on my reading. I've also been enjoying our backyard, and playing with the boys and taking them to the park and to the reading program and working on MIA stuff - planning and preparing for next season.

But, I have been enjoying reading again. If you recall, when we went on vacation in March I had read one book and began another. I had vowed to complete that book by the end of April. Never happened.

Honestly I didn't pick up another book until we were on vacation the first week of June. That book was one that I had won at a women's event two years ago. I'll admit this sad truth - it sat on my nightstand for two years collecting dust. The book was The Negotiator by Dee Henderson. It's fiction and the storyline is filled with a good combination of action, suspense and mystery to not only keep my interest but I didn't want to put the book down. Granted, as a Mommy, I don't typically have that as an option but Simms gave me a bit of time that was my own and I used it to read.

Since then - which has really only been about one month, I have finished the book from March (River Rising by Athol Dickson) and read 4 other books. I learned that The Negotiator is part of a series and there was a prequel to the book - Danger in the Shadows. I read that after River Rising. I had also picked up the book Secret Believers by Brother Andrew and learned so much. I highly recommend this book to any believer. It is fiction but based on truth and is so relevant to the spiritual climate today. Since then, I admit I have continued to fervently read Henderson's O'Malley series - reading The Guardian and The Truth Seeker. I think Simms is ready for me to take a break. LOL.

So...what have you been reading this summer?

2 comments:

Simms said...

Balance...Just need to find the right balance! :)

The Gang's Momma! said...

Love the O'Malley series. She also has the heroes series, about American military characters. Good stuff.

I have a couple I need to start, but have been catching up on blogs a couple a night instead. . . getting some variety in.

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...