03 March 2009

Week Eight: Health and Wellness

Has it really been eight weeks already? Well eight weeks plus one day because I didn't get this posted yesterday.

I am 1.5 pounds lighter than last Monday! That means I have said good-bye to 10.3 pounds and I really don't want them coming back either. LOL.

I think I kind of answered this weeks question last week but I will highlight a few things I have learned about myself:
  • I experience greater success when there is accountability - and different forms of it are okay. Throughout this process, I have been accountable to you on a weekly basis, a couple of close friends and Simms.
  • I tend to put my needs last - which I don't think is uncommon for moms to do but that doesn't make it okay
  • I am learning how to re-think some stuff. For example, it is a greater reward to give myself 20 minutes and exercise than to sit lazily and eat a chocolate or two. I haven't completely mastered this yet, meaning I know it is true but I need to get to the point that I believe it 100%.

2 comments:

Tarrah said...

10 lb!!! Way to go. I bet you feel great! Accountablility is a must

Beautiful Grace said...

Great job!

My son, Fire, watches out for me, I'm not really trying to lose weight right now, but he keeps me accountable anyway. He doesn't say much about a little junk food, but if I start to overdue, he tells me about it. Imagine that, a 15 year old boy (young man) keeping his Mamma accountable. ;)

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...