19 March 2009

10 Things I've Learned From My Vacation

These are in no particular order...

1. I really am a mom. I mean - I know I'm a mom. Yes, indeed I am the person that gave birth to my boys and lived through all of that stuff. But, when I had to kiss them good-bye in the wee hours of the morning and trust that they would be okay (of course they would - my parents were watching them!) and then board a plane that had been delayed for two hours because they had to work on the engine, it's all I could do to keep it together. I can only imagine (not really care, but imagine) what the lady next to me thought as tears streamed down my face as we successfully took off and headed for San Juan.

2. I love hanging out with Simms. We have so much fun together! I've now known him over half my life and he is still my best friend and I still have so much fun spending time with him!

3. I miss reading. Don't get me wrong. I read daily. Unfortunately the selections are often out of obligation or because I love my boys - not because it is for me. This vacation I actually read one book from cover to cover, Rescued by John Bevere, and started another novel, River Rising by Athol Dickson. I am determined to finish the second book...at least by the end of April.

4. It took me all of 24 hours to NOT miss the Internet/computer. Yes, I typically use the Internet/computer daily and cannot imagine a more efficient means for completing various tasks/communications. However, it was nice to NOT do that for an extended period of time and honestly, I didn't miss it much.

5. I journal with and without the computer. It's faster when I am able to type but I wrote daily about our trip and excursions. How else am I going to remember all of the crazy fun we had when I finally get around to scrapping it?!?

6. When Simon Cowell tells an American Idol hopeful that they remind him of an entertainer on a cruise line it isn't a compliment.

7. If someone else will join me I will even enjoy exercise while I am on vacation. Granted I didn't exercise as many times as I had planned but aside from the hike we did during one excursion, I did a circuit workout and an abs blaster class.

8. The stairs are always faster than the elevator - at least on our cruise ship.

9. It is possible to feel drunk when you haven't even had a drop of alcohol. How? Go on a cruise when there has been stormy seas. You are truly putting one foot in front of the other but you (and everyone else) is actually walking in zig-zags.

10. I definitely want to go on another cruise!

St. Thomas

No comments:

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...