07 February 2009

Flair For Friends

One of the things that people do on Facebook is send flair to their friends. Don't know what I mean by flair - check out this post. I haven't done it much because I don't like imposing things on people...maybe they don't want the flair.

But I got to thinking that there are a bunch of ladies I've gotten to know through blogging and sometimes there are these award things that sometimes go around. Don't get me wrong - I'm not creating an award thing and I am not tagging you and telling you to do this. This is just something I thought would be fun.

Without further ado...I present to you...Flair for Friends:

Classic Mama. She's classic and genuine. That's why I award her with the "It's not about the ones who act true to your face; its about the ones who remain true behind your back" flair. I know that she is an individual who can be trusted and that is saying a lot!

Natalie is the one who got me involved in blogging. Actually she's roped me into a lot of things - MIA being one of them. :) She is someone I've known for a long time and one trait that we definitely share with one another can be coined by this phrase: "If you're not part of the solution, you are part of the precipitate"

Enjoying the Journey is written by a women who has travelled some really rough roads throughout her lifetime and yet regardless of what she faces, at the end of the day she chooses to remember who is in control and yields to Him. That is why I know she understands the phrase "Just praise Him".

Hands-free Heart has a heart for worship and I know she loves to worship our God. I believe that we share the sentiment "When words fail, Music speaks".

I've gotten to know Krazy Klingers more outside of the blog world. She blogs a little but it's been great to get to know her in real life. One thing we share in common is our passion to pray for the salvation of family members. That is why I honor her with this: "Never give up on someone you can't go a day without thinking about".

Livin' Life and I have crossed paths for multiple reasons over the years but most recently it is because we both enjoy using yarn. I don't weave and I am not a huge fan of knitting but I really enjoy crocheting. Regardless I think we both could say that the phrase "I love yarn" rings true. ;)

I was first drawn to reading Sandy's blog Jesus and Dark Chocolate because we are both moms who have worked int he field of education. I am currently not in the classroom but she returned almost two years ago. I would like to honor her with the phrase "Teachers open the door. You enter by yourself" because I know that this is what she is doing on a daily basis with the students that enter her classroom.

I don't even remember how Tarrah at My Blue Eyed Babies and I got connected in bloggy land. She is a loving wife and mom who has a heart for the Lord and that is evidenced in every post. I know she loves being a Mommy and that is why I've selected "I never knew how much love my heart could hold until someone called me Mommy" to honor her.

This one is kind of humorous but I can so hear Melissa at oH mY wORD say these very words: "I'm the MOMMY that's WHY". LOL.

There are so many selections that I have in common with Promises (after all we are sisters!) but one thing that we have both been blessed with are two precious sons and I know she shares this sentiment with me: "so there are these boys...they kind of stole my heart...they call me Mommy".

This one makes me laugh but I just have to do it. I would want to share the "real women watch football" with both the Gang's Mama as well as a new blogger at The 4 He Adores. I giggle at giving this award to Gang's Mama because I remember when she would choose to do anything but watch football - but now, years later, she plans get-togethers to watch the game - even if it's a team that I don't like it is fun to know that she is also watching. At the season's end I learned that The 4 He Adores also likes the NYG!!! Looking forward to chatting with her about our team the next season.

For the record, Say Anything likes the NYG too but I know that she shares this sentiment with me - "didn't I just do the laundry?" Big smiles.

Tiffany has so many talents. One that she spends her evenings relaxing with is knitting. It is for this reason that I honor her with this: "What? Doctors recommend 25-30 grams of fiber a day. I'm just following orders."

Thrills is also someone that I've been getting to know more in real life which has been a treat. Princess still gives me that "I don't know about you" look but I think she does that to everybody. Little Guy always has a smile for me though. Anyway, I thought this piece of flair was quite appropriate for her "You don't have to be related to be family".

8 comments:

Promises said...

Thank you for my flair! My eyes got a little more water in them when I read that! :) They surely have stolen my heart! :)

Anonymous said...

You are so creative!! :)
Thanks for the teacher flair.
But you could have also given me the real women watch football flair also. LOL
That was fun to read all the things you came up with. And flair and facebook can get addicting.

Mrs. C said...

Sandy...you're right I could have also given you the football flair. It's so nice to know some other die-hard fans! ;)

The Gang's Momma! said...

Aw, shucks! Thank you very much. Yes, I've done a big 180 - three boys and bombardment of green and silver will do that to you.

My boys STILL don't know that I started the crazy Sunday Eagles parties as a way to keep us all hanging out together just a few more hours a week. :) Don't you be the ones to tell them, either :)

And yes, now I'm rabid. Insane. I even pose for pictures in my Eagles wear with my girls. Who'd a thunk?!

Hands-Free Heart said...

Thanks so much for the flair... I love it. In fact, I'll probably go search it down on facebook, along with the one you gave your sis (like that one too!)

This Journey of Mine said...

I'm so behind in reading blogs these days. I just caught up on the last 6 you posted and realized how you just blessed me! Thank you, my friend. I geniunely apprecite your friendship. I think of you often, especially when I am raising my boys!

BTW - I haven't been writing for so long. But God! He rocks!!! So much good stuff is going on. The drought is over! I had a dream about it and it has come to fruition! Praise Him!!! I really need to write about it sometime.

Much love!

Tarrah said...

Thank you so much, you just brought tears to my eyes. You are too sweet and I'm so glad we found eachother in this blog land :) You boys are just too sweet in that previous picture.

I'm getting ready to make your pizza tonight, I'm excited to try it

Emily said...

I'm finally commenting (I'm such a procrastinator)!

Thank you for the flair. I love getting flair on facebook.

You are like a sister to me!

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...