03 January 2009

Enjoying my Family this Season

I have had such an enjoyable time with my family - it's been busy and somewhat crazy at times but exactly what I needed. Simms took the entire week off and we have been doing our best to spend time together amidst the scheduled time with extended family.

I still have a little more vacation time left and plan to enjoy every last second of it but I wanted to show you a few pictures because I can...Simms surprised me with a digital camera!!! His coworker taught him the art of utilizing ebay and he blew me away!

Tiffany had commented that she wanted to see our picture tree so here are a few shots...


This is one of the picture ornaments up close - our dear dog Gese.

Here is a larger picture of the tree. Now I have to stop thinking about
all of the pictures that I have yet to print and put in frames for next year!

And since I was having so much fun using my new camera I decided to post a few pictures of some of our traditional holiday decorating...

My snowman collection



My favorite nativity set - given to us by Simms parents.
They had purchased this from Israel and it is made out of olive wood



Our family's traditional tree. Notice how all the ornaments
on the bottom half are NOT breakable?!?





This is actually a handmade ornament on my sister's tree.
She is so creative and I thought the picture was really cool -
learning to use new features on my camera everyday!

Hope you are enjoying time with your loved ones. I know I am. Cherishing every hug and kiss. Taking time to enjoy snuggling with my boys, reading extra chapters to Jeter in his book, creating new structures with k'nex and being amazed and in awe of Barber reading beginner books to me! Life is truly worth living.


3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh, he should get an extra big smoochers for that one. Yay! A new camera. Now I'm really excited for more great picture posts here and there. (I'd totally create a link right there but I don't know how to yet.) I loved these pictures. Great visuals of a Campbell Christmas!!!

Natalie said...

yEAH!!! So happy for you..you are going to love the camera. And I'm betting we'll be seeing lots and lots of pictures in the coming months.

Enjoy the remainder of your break.

Tarrah said...

What a great idea the picture tree is :) And I absolutely LOVE that nativity set. I have been wanting a really good wood one and I just love that. My Aunt gave me a beautiful Olive Wood statue of Jesus carrying a cross that is also from Isrel. It is truly a beautiful wood.

Happy new year!

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...