10 June 2008

Summer Sanity

Summer is here!

Yesterday was Jeter's first day of summer vacation. Barber was absolutely tickled saying "Yeah! My browver doesn't have to go to school today! He gets to pway wiv me alllllll day!"

As you can imagine the day didn't go by without them getting on each others nerves once or twice. It's expected. However, I am entering this summer with the intention to create daily activities that will create opportunities for them to grow together and individually as they deepen their friendship and strengthen their brotherhood. I'm also determined to promote more time with family...and at the same time trying to keep my sanity in the process.

So how do I do this? Well, I need a schedule. That is how I function. Flexibility is allowed in it but I need to know what the outline of the plan is. This is how I stay sane and not get bogged down by what is not being currently accomplished. As a result I am able to fully live in and enjoy the moment we're in now. To quote Uncle Ian from Alvin and the Chipmunks "That's how I roll."

We're participating in VBS at our church this summer and will also take a trip to Long Island to visit family. Other than that we have weekly trips to local parks planned (check out Like I Was Saying... for park suggestions), weekly crafts (we're going to tie-dye this week and create some fun Father's Day gifts), time with family - having Grammie, Poppy and the Promises gang here is always a recipe for fun! Of course there will be pool time and day trips around the area.

Like I Was Saying... has a GREAT list of ideas for you to check out - I cannot believe she came up with 101 suggestions. Blue Eyed Babies also has a number of posts with a variety of ideas for the Family - check out the Summer Fun Series in Tarrah's sidebar. Ideas are also prevalent at 5 Minutes for Mom - from June 10th-18th they are highlighting ideas for the family with their Creative Days of Summer. As always, they have some awesome giveaways to boot!

”csdsmbutton.jpg”

So what are you waiting for? Check them out if you need some ideas and if you are one who is overflowing with creativity, please don't hesitate to share.

1 comment:

Promises said...

Sounds like fun to me! We played with the bubbles today that were from Jeter's party - Brady LOVED it - and so did mommy! We played only with the bubble wands - I did not want to play with the other toys yet!

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...