It was in this place of desperation that the next leg of our journey began.
After the healing service at our church I was crying out to God (silently) while snuggling with Barber in the glider. Tears were streaming down my face. I am amazed that Barber didn't seem to notice. Did God? I know He did but I felt like I needed to keep reminding Him how desperate I was for Simms to be healed. I told God I would do anything, give up anything if only He would say the word - glance Simms' way - just allow a smidgeon of His power to be released and take away the chronic pain my husband faces multiple times each and every day.
I then heard "Give up anything? What about chocolate?"
Discussion began to ensue in my mind - trying to establish whether this was from God or me. I finally determined that this isn't anything that I would choose to do on my own so it must be God. My fast began October 30, 2006. Here's the crazy thing - it was easy for me to give this up (another reason why I knew this wasn't me - at all) and every time I avoided the opportunity to partake in chocolate decadence I reminded myself to pray continuously for Simms' healing with renewed faith.
Meanwhile...
18 April 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
3 comments:
Your and Simms testimony has been amazing to read. It will be an even greater testimony with knowing that Simms will receive the complete healing that you and he have been crying out for.
Standing in prayer for you guys. BTW how is Simms brother doing?
Ok, I'm sitting here eating a piece of chocolate cake while I read this. Feeling kinda guilty now :)
How awesome your faith is. Lifting you up in prayer.
Hold fast to the goodness of Jesus!! Every time my eyes focus on this world and its hurts, injustices and suffering I begin to feel overwhelmed...helpless. Then the Beautiful One calls me and I refocus on Him. Amazing how focusing on Him, makes all the hurts, hurt a lot less.
May Jesus reveal Himself as the Healer to your beloved, Simms!! All for the glory of One!!!
Post a Comment