This past weekend, aside from going out and buying yarn for the dishcloths that I am making for The Gang's All Here (BTW I can't find mustard colored yarn but I'm figuring something out that I hope you will like!), you are never going to believe what I had to shop for.
It's kind of ironic really.
I don't even know if this is the technical term but I had to purchase a dish drying rack! Do you know what I am talking about? I haven' t owned one of these for at least 11 years. Simms and I didn't have a dishwasher in the apartments we rented but once we bought this house in 1997 we were no longer the official dishwashers of the home. A machine took our place and we gladly handed over the responsibility to it. However, this same machine decided to go on strike about 1-1/2 weeks ago. Lots of horrible noises going on. I thought it was going to blow up. I wish I was kidding. Really...I do.
So why didn't we already replace it?
Well...we've never bought a dishwasher before so I want to go to all the stores and see what's out there and decide what we want. Try doing that on the fly with kids. Not happening. The one thing I do know is that I want it to be stainless - preferably the kind that doesn't show fingerprints. That is what our fridge/freezer is. Beyond that...let's just say we are in the process of becoming educated. I'm willing to sacrifice time (because washing ALL of your dishes by hand really does take a lot of extra time!) so that we can save and get the one we really want. Yes, it's only a dishwasher but it will be in my kitchen for a LONG time.
Good thing that I am enjoying my new dishcloths so much. I've also learned that I am quite skilled at washing the dishes in an order that allows for a maximum amount to fit in the rack. (Is there such a thing as goal-oriented syndrome?) Very important skill for one who wants to wash ALL of them first and then dry and put them away later. I strongly resist the cycle of wash-dry-put away-wash again-dry again-put away again-wash the rest-dry the rest-put away the rest.
So...anyone have dishwasher advice?
05 February 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
4 comments:
For a minute there I thought you were going to tell us you were dying yarn because you couldn't find mustard color yarn. Oh, darn you got me all excited I haven't dyed yarn in years!=)
I really LOVE our whirlpool dishwasher. I am not sure, but I think that it would come in the stainless look that you want. We got a pretty good deal on it too - you can ask Dawson about it.
No help here! The house we bought 6 years ago has a half-size dishwasher that worked well enough to fool the inspector, but not enough to actually clean the dishes. Since we had already put in a brand-new counter and a half-size dishwasher costs more than a regular size one, we have just been washing dishes by hand ever since. If we have too many for the drainer, we lay a dish towel on the counter or stove top to put them on to dry.
No advice here. Shaggy and Dr. D are my dishwashers/loaders/unloaders. I figure, by my advanced age and stage of parenting, I've earned the right to farm that particularly tedious job out to the masses :)
Don't sweat it on the colors, I am serious when I that I'm fine with whatever you pick and I'm just so happy that I won anything! I never win stuff :)
Post a Comment