24 January 2008

A Different Look At WWJD?

I just read this and became sick to my stomach.

When is the church going to truly represent our Saviour? How can protesting someone's funeral be a demonstration of the love of God? No, I didn't see the movie and I don't agree with it morally but I have yet to find a passage in the Bible that supports this form of action. We are not here to judge. He is the only Judge.

I cannot help but wonder what Jesus would do if he was here. How would Jesus act towards the family if he attended the funeral? I believe He would show compassion and love for the family of the deceased. I believe He would comfort the broken-hearted. Finally, I believe that this is possible to do without compromising your beliefs; the acts of compassion, love and providing comfort does not equal compromise.

What is going on?!?

When are we going to stop learning about what the church is about and actually take action that truly represents the LOVE of our God? We are saved by grace - His grace. Grace that is freely offered to EVERYONE. There is no test that determines whether you are eligible for His grace. It is free for everyone.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. KJV+

As a mom, I desire my sons Jeter and Barber to experience the love of Jesus and then allow it to overflow to others. I don't want them to have a fear of man and I don't want their actions to evoke fear in others. I desire for them to follow after God with their whole hearts - and truly emulate who He is...be a light in the darkness. For that to be possible, then I need to be an example of these things to them. Right now, aside from this, all I can do is pray and trust God.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

It's funny how Christians say we worship a God who loves, but then we turn around and decide ourselves who it is He loves.

Livin' Life said...

That is absolutly heart breaking. That man was a human being, part of God's creation. It is just sick. You know a lot of people would be surprised if they really listened to the Lord about who they should reach out and love. I just want to do a whole lot of Holy Spirit Slapping!! I sure wish that was a gift of the Spirit.:)

Jenni said...

Just found your blog - great! I love the way it looks. Great post - I agree it's time the church started being known for what it is instead of what it's against.

The Gang's Momma! said...

This same "church" sent representatives to protest at a couple soldiers' funerals in Seaford Delaware a couple years ago. It was so hard on the whole town to have them there, spewing such hate and venom. It is so grievous to me, and I know to God's heart. And it hurt so many people that day. I'm so sad that they continue this hateful and hurtful mission of theirs.

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...