05 October 2007

God Blessed Me With An Angel

Please stand by for this very important message......

Hello to all you bloggers out there in the world! Any of you that have read this site previously will know me as Simms. I have the honor of being the husband, daddy and sometime jungle gym of The Campbell Corner. Please pardon my interuption of the typical TCC blog world. I must take a moment and share the following with you.

In 1990, God sent an angel to walk beside me through my college years. This angel helped me through my studies. This angel cheered for me at my sporting events. This angel comforted me through my knee injuries and subsequent weight gain/depression. This angel loved me when certain friends abandoned me. This angel provided honest advice regarding women that I was interested in. This angel was pleasantly surprise when I passed Organic Chemistry and graduated from college.

Entering the real world, this angel never missed a step and was right there by my side. This angel gleamed with me at my wedding. This angel supported me when I moved to Pennsylvania. This angel prayed with me for God's direction in my career. This angel rejoiced with me at the birth of my two precious and wonderful children. This angel cried with me when my mom, aunt and grandmother died. This angel has always shown me the true love of Jesus Christ.

I have been truly blessed by the Lord to be married to this angel for nearly 14 years. You are my True Companion and I will always love you! Happy Birthday Angel. I look forward to celebrating many, many more.

.........You may now return to the regularly scheduled TCC blog world.

6 comments:

Emily said...

That was beautiful! Very Sweet!

The Gang's Momma! said...

Big, wet, soppy puddles here! That was just adorable. And very touching.

You guys are a great team and I've always admired your friendship and respect for each other. This is just another great example of that.

{sigh} He calls her his "angel!" {sigh}

Promises said...

That was so sweet and touching and it brought tears to me eyes.

I love you both and am thankful that God sent both of you for each other (and for me too!) :)

Melissa said...

Oh my word!

That was so eloquent....in fact, he really should be blogging on his own if he's going to write stuff that makes us cry.

Krazy Klingers said...

I am crying at work! That was so beautiful and wonderfully honoring to your wife. ahhhhh

The Literary Gourmet said...

I think you and your wife should have populated the planet with at least a dozen more boys, so you could raise them into men just like you!

I know you did your part with two stellar sons, I'm just saying...think of all the hearts they'd melt!

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...