27 September 2007

Pizza

If you recall, our corner has been unsuccessful in our quest for quality pizza (based on my LI and Simms' NJ palette) since we've moved to PA in '95. There were short stints of yumminess but then something would happen (change in ownership, ingredients and/or quality). In the last ten years we have frequented over 7 pizzerias. Compared to going to ONE for over two decades of my life...if it is possible to have pizza withdrawal, I had it bad.

Not anymore though. Where have we found the answer to our pizza conundrum? Believe it or not in my own kitchen! That's right - with a little help and encouragement from my friends (Classic Mama and Li'l Sis) TCC's quality homemade pizza is a success!

The first time I made it there was too much sauce and not enough cheese. Jeter was deterred by the rectangular shape - my poor child has been deprived of Sicilian pizza for the full 6 years of his life! I'm working on amending this atrocity. The second time I made it, my Mom and Dad joined us. This would definitely be a good test. They loved it! My Mom kept gushing about how it was even better than the LI pizzeria we frequented. Can you just imagine how big my smile was? They each ate 3 slices! The third time marked continued success. We had company over - Say Anything's family. Simm's fellow New Jersians. I made two pies - one Sicilian and the other round. Believe it or not, this made all the difference in the world to Jeter. He ate two slices - of the "normal" pie. I daresay, I would have liked a little more sauce on these but it was still good.

So what does this mean? It means that I am no longer searching for a substitute to LI pizza. We have it now and quite frankly I am tickled at the savings to my food budget!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! Maybe you could start a local business!

Kelli said...

:) Same thing here. Not So Classic doesn't want take out pizza since I started making it at home. I have to smile with you. It's nice to have people really like something you make.

The Gang's Momma! said...

I love it! You ingenious, enterprising woman you!

The Boss and I used to love making homemade pizza, foccacia, calzone and stromboli when the kids were really little and still easily influenced as to "good food." Then one day, shortly after we moved to Floribunda Lane, they started turning up their noses at homemade pizza. WHAAAAAT? And now, none of us loooooove the store/delivery stuff, but they like it better than my stuff. Ugh. The nerve of them!

Still haven't found a pizza we all agree on and it's kinda gone by the wayside as a family favorite as a result. Sad, but true.

Tarrah said...

so! Are you going to share the recipe with us? :)

I love making pizza but havn't found a favorite recipe yet.

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...