Today Jeter had open house for 1st grade. He was able to meet his teacher (she is amazing...a total answer to prayer!), check out his new desk and folders and classroom. While there I overheard his teacher ask him how old his little brother was. He responded "He is 3 and is 3 years younger than me. So, do you know how old I am?"
Can you imagine how much I beamed?
Meanwhile I just have to say I already like his teacher a lot (and we were only there for only 30 minutes). It could be for all or any combination of the following:
1. She was originally a secondary ed major for biology which means she likes/loves science.
2. He classroom is clean, neat and organized. It makes sense and is logical.
3. She smiles and told Jeter that she likes to sing and dance and they will be doing a lot of that. How fun is that?!?
4. Not only is her classroom organized - she is already teaching her students about organization. They have a take home folder, a math folder, a writing folder/notebook, and an assignment book. Each a different color, labeled on the front with the student's name and folder title, and they're laminated. She laminated their folders!!! In each desk the students are provided with a case that holds a set of crayons, a pencil, glue, scissors, etc.
5. She has provided everything and I don't have to buy any school supplies!
When we left I asked Jeter about his first impressions of first grade. He likes his teacher and is looking forward to tomorrow. But would you believe the thing that made the biggest impact on him is that he gets his own desk, scissors and glue!
27 August 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
No comments:
Post a Comment