27 July 2007

Zero Accidents!

We made it! I told you some of the basics of our potty plan for Barber which was different from Jeter's...well, because they are different. One of the major differences was to initiate potty use with Barber. Jeter became interested on his own. Personally I assumed - wrongly assumed - that the opposite would be true since Barber observed Jeter's potty activity.

This past Wednesday was the first day with undies - no pull ups! Barber had one accident - only one! This is where I love the "prizes" - of which I don't think I told you what actually motivated him. Diecast cars of the Disney Cars characters. For every 20 stickers he received one car. He earned 6 cars in 2-1/2 weeks. It took him one week to earn the first car. So yes, he was definitely experiencing major success in week #2 and even figured out the drill. After he would go potty he would ask me for something to drink because then he could go potty again and get more stickers. I knew what he was doing BUT didn't discourage it because I also knew where this was all leading...which was to this past Wednesday. Oh yes, my point of why I love the prizes...because when he had the accident I told him he needed to give me 2 of his cars. He did and his bottom lip hung so low. How to earn the cars back? Go potty and not have an accident. Success only earned one car at a time. I'm telling you this is an excellent tool that motivated him for success without shame.

Day number two of undies all day...ZERO ACCIDENTS!!! And that included time when he was playing at Poppy and Grammies house as well as when we were at church last night. Hooray Barber!!! Today he received his "zero accidents" prize which went with the theme - he got Red (the fire engine from the movie) and Stanley (the statue). And he knows he has to continue to have zero accidents or he will lose those toys.

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!!!

You know who else is excited? Lil' sis. Of course she is a proud Aunt but she also knows I have a ton of diapers and pull ups that I don't need anymore!!!

Did I also mention that he is not even using the little potty's anymore? He just needs the seat that fits into the big potty and a stool to climb up. Hooray, no more washing out the little thingybobber and scrubbing my hands and surfaces a bazillion times!

2 comments:

Tarrah said...

That is soooo great! What a wonderful reward system you do. And I totally understand getting over the point of needing that little potty. I really disliked having to wash that thing out!

Give him a big High Five for me :)

Promises said...

Hooray for Barber! No more changing diapers for you...well, except when you are watching Brady, and Baby on the way - but at least that it not everyday for you!!!!!!!

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...