06 June 2007

My Noisy Quiet Time

This week Barber and Jeter have both fought off a mysterious virus. I call it 'mysterious' because there weren't any symptoms except a fever. Most moms and dads know that the presence of a fever means the body is fighting off something - probably a virus. So we limited their activity and had them rest. This allowed their immune system to do its job and voila - normal temps within 1-1/2 days!

Now I don't actively try to spiritualize everything (overanalyze...maybe...) but this morning when I was thanking God for their quick resolve to health my head couldn't help but wonder what the virus was and hypothetically try to figure it out. This is me actively overanalyzing. When I 'heard' the question 'Why are you doing this?' To which I replied 'Because I want to know.' Then He countered 'Why? Do you really need to know?' This is what got me thinking.

No, I don't really need to know but it would be nice. Then my mind wandered to times in my life where things have happened (to me, friends, family, etc.) that I didn't understand. It didn't make sense. And even though the 'why' seemed to be unknown there was still a struggle going on...

Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10
That is the answer. The rest that is needed. Even when I cannot pinpoint the cause. He will take care of it...just like their immune systems did.

And all of that (analysis, conversation, and conclusion) happened while I was putting in my contacts, blow drying my hair, and brushing my teeth. Not necessarily in that order. Yes, sometimes that is my 'quiet' time.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

The shower. The bath. Those are my quiet times and sometimes they are interrupted with a "Mommy, I need to use the bathroon, okay?" :) It's great that He uses our little quiet times. The Holy Spirit can pack an entire lesson in a minute if He wants to.

Say Anything said...

Sometimes I wonder if when we get to heaven, God will replay our moments of quiet time with him on a big screen. I sure hope not, b/c mine are mostly in the bathroom!

Jenileigh said...

My quiet times are at night when all else in the house are sleeping...

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...