09 April 2007

Yes...I have pictures!


Ok...bear with me. This is my first attempt at uploading photos! Above you will see the Rainbow Sorbet Cake. Yes, I am aware that the diameter of the cake plate is too large, BUT it is the only one I own and will just have to do. I am also aware that the cake looks off-center. I actually tried to move the cake onto a smaller "plain" plate after it was made (due to the size difference) but stopped when I heard cracking sounds! It definitely was yummy. Next step...learn how to make my own sorbet!

This was the Easter Cheesecake. I wasn't a huge fan of the crushed almonds on top but the cheescake itself was delicious. The recipe said it would have a light, fluffy texture and they didn't lie. So...for my first attempt at a cheesecake I thought it went very well--although I was a little thrown by the whole keep the cheescake in a roasting pan filled 2/3rds with boiling water and then accidently got a little water into the actual cheesecake when I was refilling it!

And since I am showing pictures, this was the lunch that we (Mom, Dad, and I) "surprised" lil' sis with to celebrate her birthday this past week. It is VERY VERY YUM! I don't remember what it is called though. It is from a church cookbook from our Long Island Days.

Ok...slide show is over and now I have to get back to cleaning...

2 comments:

Plain and Simple said...

Your desserts look just like the pictures!! They look awesome! Good job.

Natalie said...

they look amazing. i'm definitely trying the cheesecake recipe.

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...