04 April 2007

Rainy Days

Today is a rainy day. I don't mind them but they are not the most fun for little ones. Barber and I have been playing "rescue heroes" today. Not easy for me when there is no plot to the storyline. I know, he's 2...well almost 3...but I need a storyline and it needs to make sense. So I attempt one and here is what happened:

Me: sound the alarm on the tower and I declare orders in my best male hero voice "Attention all rescue heroes! The boat is on fire! Your mission is to put the fire out!" and then I attempt to have my hero guy talk to Barber's hero guy about carrying out the mission.

Barber: obviously hears what I said and looks at me with a quirky look. He looks at the boat, moves it, and then proceeds to make Jack Hammer twist up and down the elevator. And then flies Jake Justice through the air only to crash into the ground. Then he cries "oh no. where is other fireman?!"

I will not even tell you about my other pointless attempts at "meaningful" play before I was rescued by Simms' phone call.

And then I watched this. Talk about putting things into perspective. I have been following their story for quite some time. It was a good reminder that even if I could, I wouldn't change a thing--I am so blessed to be here with these two boys (well, one is at school right now but you know what I am saying). Their smiles, hugs, kisses, good health, etc.--blessings. And now, I think I am going to go see what Billy Blazes and Barber are up to.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I had not seen that video before. Moved, speechless, and blessed.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing that video with me. I was definitely touched, and had many tears run down my cheeks. We are so blessed, and that served as a reminder. Wow - I agree with MIA, I was speechless.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful video. Thanks for linking us to it.

Campbell Crew

The Campbell Corner was started in 2006.  I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...