Jeter keeps singing a song about March that they learned in music class "In like a lion, out like a lamb". March definitely started like a lion with the snow and ice - which frankly made me feel like we finally had "winter" - and I am hopeful that it will exit with the warmth and newness of spring. Meanwhile...
I am not a fan of the weather we're having lately. A day in the 70's makes me excited about spring and I start thinking about walks and going to the park and working outside and getting my house ready for the new season and...THEN I learn that the temperatures are going to plummet and we are going to get a "wintry mix"!?! What? No! That is supposed to be the weather in December or January or February...not now when it is only 6 days till spring.
Alas, I cannot control the weather but I am ready for spring and so I am at least going to get the house ready. What does this mean? Winter accessories (hats, gloves, scarves, jackets, etc.) get cleaned and packed up. My snowmen are going to be put away - I consider them to be "winter" decorations rather than Christmas ones (those were packed up in January). I change my plates and usually rearrange the counters in the kitchen. It gives me a fresh, new feel. The chunky afghans and fleece blankets in the family room go to laundry and are replaced with the light, cotton ones. Windows are washed and opened (I may hold off on this until the temperatures are not threatening to plummet). Finally, a new tablecloth is draped over the dining room table. There is more but I think that this is a good start.
Here is the fun/crazy part of it all...remember how I was going to finish my cleaning by yesterday - when the temperature was reaching 70 degrees? I must admit, instead of getting the floors done, I got sidetracked freshening up our kitchen. It's just the perfect time to declutter the baskets, update my filing system, etc. Simms came home, walked into the kitchen and smiled while pointing to the changes that have been made. Thank God he knows me and how I tick even if he doesn't understand it!
Today I am going to continue welcoming spring here at our corner even if it is temporarily delayed (the season that is). The plan which includes the rest of my "to do's" has a new completion date of Friday. Works for me - considering some ladies will be joining me for a girls' night out!
With that said, I gotta run. Would love to hear what you do if anything to welcome the fresh new season of spring!
NOTE: While drawing circles or playing cars, Barber has been spending the morning singing "Jesus Loves Me", "Put Your Jammies On", "ABC's" and is now quoting the book "Pajama Time". Another reason to be smiling today!
15 March 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
1 comment:
This is our second spring in our first house, and I am excited to go outside more and see all of our tulips bloom (all 100+ of them!). I have not developed anything that really marks a change from one season to the next - except maybe the changing of jackets...but those things will come in due time. I am so thankful that I am feeling so much better than I did last year! Thank the Lord for His healing touch!
Oh yes - we do go to Rita's on the 21st - that is a long standing tradtion...how many times can we go this year? :)
Post a Comment