Who would have thought science in Kindergarten could be so fun?
Today I was able to work with Jeter's teacher with two labs that reinforced their study of wood. In the first one the students added a matrix of cornstarch and water to saw dust. They worked with it until it the substances were equally mixed and then they were able to form whatever shape they wanted. Jeter created a volcano. In the second lab, they demonstrated how to layer wood to make it stronger. They glued three layers of thin pieces of wood together. It was so neat to see them using aspects of the scientific method!
On the way home Jeter and I talked about the activities he completed. I couldn't help myself...I then taught him the difference between physical and chemical properties of matter (no I didn't use the word "matter" with him). The cool thing is, he was able to determine that what he observed today was a physical change and not a chemical one. That's my boy!
02 March 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Campbell Crew
The Campbell Corner was started in 2006. I've journaled for decades but this was the first time that I did it on-line and allowed othe...
-
I decided to participate in the Fall Giveaway Madness . My dilemma was that I do not have a digital camera and therefore couldn't post a...
-
There are already over 250 people participating and I'm certain that number will dramatically increase - probably even before I get thi...
-
Is it possible to combine my Monday's Musing with the Bloggy Giveaway Carnival ?!? I have to at least try...so here goes everything... I...
No comments:
Post a Comment